Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

I was asked - quite politely, but firmly - to cut out the effing and jeffing by some first-timer at 60 minutes at the weekend. Didn’t know whether to tell him and his lad to sit in the Family Stand if he didn’t want to hear bad language, or to give him credit for standing up for what he believed in. Either way, it shut me up. For the rest of the game.

While I should have been punching the air and letting rip at Bernie’s lovely finish that made the game safer, I was pondering the following:
  • Was I an arsehole for swearing in the earshot of kids?
  • Was he an arsehole for putting his lad in that kind of environment and then complaining about it?
  • Was he brave and principled?
  • Did he act like a coward, and only have a word after sizing me up as one unlikely to respond badly? and finally
  • Should I relocate?
Atmosphere worse for me. Better for apparent first-timer. My rights don’t trump his just because I’ve got a season card and he doesn’t. But the Pablo Zabaleta song’s a non-starter for him, it seems. And he probably won’t like “we are Man City and we’re on the piss again” or “spent all my money on drugs and City”, come to that.
He sounds like a proper snowflake.

You won’t get any tourists or day trippers at Palace away at 5:30pm on a Saturday night.

That’s why Soriano & Co should be mindful of ignoring our bread and butter support, and instead prioritising day trippers and tourists at the Etihad.

The acid test will come in 3 years time when the North stand is expanded and it and the other parts of the Etihad have to be filled with City fans.
I pretty much said that in the questionnaire for the new stand.

No light show please City. Dim the lights and turn off the music with a bluemoon showing on the screens, that’s all what is required. None of this disco shite that makes the tourists get their cameras out.
Why a blue moon on the screens? We are Manchester City from the city of Manchester. We have nothing at all whatsoever to do with the Moon. The song ‘Blue Moon’ is about being lonely and then finding someone and not being lonely anymore.

The marketing gimmick of the Moon in relation to the club does my head in.

Why a blue moon on the screens? We are Manchester City from the city of Manchester. We have nothing at all whatsoever to do with the Moon. The song ‘Blue Moon’ is about being lonely and then finding someone and not being lonely anymore.

The marketing gimmick of the Moon in relation to the club does my head in.
Or do whatever that actually gets the crowd singing, it doesn’t have to be dimming the lights or a bluemoon. But the times they have done that, it’s worked well.

Fuck it, stick to the poxy light shows.

Annoyingly couldn’t be there tonight but sounded great on the tele box! Hoping that continues on Saturday! Really looking forward to it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.