Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

Even 25 yr olds have known City to be better than them for pretty much half their lives and so maybe they don’t quite feel the antipathy towards them that our generation do. I think had we been four goals up against the dippers the place would’ve been bouncing til the 80th minute and beyond

I agree that the ground has more middle aged and older fans than it does under 30s but it’s the younger lads who drive the atmosphere.

I’ve just turned 28 mate and can’t stand them. I think what your saying might apply to people who are quite young. United we’re still winning things a decade ago and that was against us as well. There will also always be the local rivalry as well.

Previous derby games I’ve been to when we are winning haven’t been as good and the majority of people at previous Liverpool games are older.

Completely agree on your second point.

Derby dy always takes care of itself.

First half was incredible but there's never going to be a better first half scenario for us, it had to be that good. Second half went a little flat for a while because we completely stalled, no united fans left in the ground to berate and we allowed them to score 3, understandable really as we all got giddy at the possibility of handed them their worst ever drubbing.

The poznan was incredible, arguably the best one we've ever done at the Etihad, it re-energised us and we made excellent noise after it.

Got home from the match about an hour ago in time for Match of the day 2. Only live four miles from ground but some public houses were looking for some financial assistance. Watched M.O.T.D and the commentator mentioned the word 'Deafening' at least twice, not the sort of comments you'd expect if the atmosphere was as bad as some people on here are saying.

Big display today in SSL1, flags and drop down banners.

Any pictures from other parts of the ground would be welcomed. Many thanks.

Jrb & 1894.

Attachments

• D64D2AF7-AB36-48AB-A676-4EDA97405EDB.jpeg
    D64D2AF7-AB36-48AB-A676-4EDA97405EDB.jpeg
    814.7 KB · Views: 67
I didn't think it was as bad as some games this season where everyone else has said it was fantastic and I've though to myself afterwards fair enough but seemed shit, I'm up in CB Level 3 now and I'm sure the sound doesn't always actually 'get out' of the SS, I've been there in previous seasons and it always felt much louder being in and amongst it, up on CB Level 3 you tend to get weird looks for even raising your voice at times, I still do it mind.
I got pulled up for swearing in there a couple of seasons ago and the looks I got when I gave the rags the v's was beyond contempt. Its like a fucking morgue up there sometimes. Thankfully I've since moved to SS1 where I'm with like minded individuals who don't mind a bit of fruity language.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.