Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

You can't do that without looking terrible. We'd be mocked. And we don't get flat atmospheres like that in the important games whether the opposition have a drum or not. You're never going to get a bearpit in a dull non-critical one-sided group game like that.
I'm not being funny Dave, but we allow away supporters to bring in a drum into the stadium which kills the home atmosphere, yet I can't get my chips and peas through security.

Wherever the singing section is needs to be the cheapest area in the stadium. I used to be in 115 but couldn't justify the rising cost so moved up into the third tier. Loads must have done the same.
Yep ex 117 to the middle of 315 for me.

Think it's still cheaper now than what I was paying in 117. I do miss calling certain players cunts when they can actually hear you but it's a financial balancing act.

Cheeso, what is wrong with people we need atmosphere at the Etihad, not a library. Football is entertainment and we need to create an atmosphere to get behind the best team in the world. Hopefully when they do the new north stand we capo stand at the front. If you watch most European games they have the cheerleaders at the front of the sections creating chants. Ultra is needed in English football as they help create an atmosphere in the grounds, look at the MLS
and LAFC had their ultras work with the club & it was so good to see TIFO at the stadium on Sunday

I'm not being funny Dave, but we allow away supporters to bring in a drum into the stadium which kills the home atmosphere, yet I can't get my chips and peas through security.

haha fair comment about chips and peas, bring your own food all day.

like or hate a drum i think the answer to this is our fans should drown it out with singing, had there been a drum at the derby game sunday the singers would have over powered it. Myself id say bring the drum / flags / scarves and dare i say pyro if you want, bring your best players also, its up to us to beat you at both.

I had to miss the game last night because my son is ill. Managed to shift my ticket on here and watched the game on tele.

I think the attendance was brilliant. You could sense the Haaland hysteria through the TV screen. Yes, the atmosphere was a little flat - but what do you expect when it's essentially over after 7 minutes?

One of our fan's better moments were in the first half when their support was trying to boo City (while we held possession). The home support sang over the top to drown them out and they gave up. Well done to everyone who went.

Another was seeing a blue flag waving at the front of SSL1 throughout the game + a load of ticker tape being thrown around the south stand after the first two goals (think it ran out by the third).

The atmosphere on Saturday will be 10x better.
MCFC painted.jpg

I think that when our lads kick towards the south stand in the first half we should have flags at the ready, ticker tape, hold banners up, we did it for quite a few UCL games a few seasons ago but it has died down. The players will like it, possibly thats why haaland got two quick goals last night !!!!!

sorry the ticker ran out, next time will bring enough for 7 goals haha

Hopefully when they do the new north stand we capo stand at the front. If you watch most European games they have the cheerleaders at the front of the sections creating chants. Ultra is needed in English football as they help create an atmosphere in the grounds, look at the MLS
I don't know where you are in the world, and I'm sure you mean well, and you might even be right, but if you got a capo at a city game he'd be given the wanker sign and told to sit the fuck down within 30 seconds. The only atmosphere he'd generate is 10k blues giving him stick all game. Which sounds fun but probably isn't the intended outcome. We just have a different football culture, and we are too late to import it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.