Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

More with are atmosphere is songs we need a lot more songs and some for the players aswell we could sing the boys in blue or even play in at halftime as players come out remember that one with took of lokeren was it where we swing scarfs or tops over are heads going oooooo oooo oooo bring some of the classic back like Colin the King

Here's my take. As a new City fan but having followed my actual club all over the country and having away fans come to our place and often outnumber us when we were in the conference.

I'll add in my match going mates opinion too (Wolves fan).

The atmosphere is better at bigger games, but that's par for course.

The chants are crap, there's no repetition. Take the dippers with the allez chant, they sing it more than just once.

It's awkward for new fans. I didn't see Zabaleta, Edin Dzeko etc. I don't sing those.... it would feel wrong.

We never win at home we never win away, we're not really here. I'll get stick for this but they're shit. I sing them, but they're shit. Might have been funny when being good was new, but time to move on.

Favourites are: Never felt more like singing the blues, Blue moon etc. Proper songs, that mean something. And CITY CITY CITY. Every corner that should be rolled out.

Anyway just my opinion. Doesn't change how much I love coming and will continue to come. I love the club, the stadium, the fans, the team.
we never win at home ...is a classic mate from way back

He saw we were the champions, Haaland, Haaland
He wanted City from Dortmund, Haaland, Haaland,
He’s 6ft 5, Blonde hair, blue eyes
His hat trick made United cry,
Erlinggggg Haaland,
City’s number 9

Na naa na naa na naa na naa, na na, na na,
Na naa na naa na naa na naa, na na, na na!

He wanted City from Dortmund, Haaland, Haaland,
He’s 6ft 5, Blonde hair, blue eyes
Erlinggggg Haaland,
City’s number 9

How about :
came to City from Dortmund, Haaland, Haaland,
6ft 5, big blue eyes
His hat trick made united cry,
Erlinggggg Haaland,
City’s number 9

Last edited:
How about :
6ft 5, big blue eyes
Erlinggggg Haaland,
City’s number 9
Happy with the amendment. Feel like this has to be it, having read some of them. He deserves something original at least. Although the Alfie Alfie / Erling Erling is funny

How about :
6ft 5, big blue eyes
Erlinggggg Haaland,
City’s number 9
Hopefully he scores another 3 against Liverpool…..

‘his hat trick made the scousers cry….’

Here's my take. As a new City fan but having followed my actual club all over the country and having away fans come to our place and often outnumber us when we were in the conference.

I'll add in my match going mates opinion too (Wolves fan).

The atmosphere is better at bigger games, but that's par for course.

The chants are crap, there's no repetition. Take the dippers with the allez chant, they sing it more than just once.

It's awkward for new fans. I didn't see Zabaleta, Edin Dzeko etc. I don't sing those.... it would feel wrong.

We never win at home we never win away, we're not really here. I'll get stick for this but they're shit. I sing them, but they're shit. Might have been funny when being good was new, but time to move on.

Favourites are: Never felt more like singing the blues, Blue moon etc. Proper songs, that mean something. And CITY CITY CITY. Every corner that should be rolled out.

Anyway just my opinion. Doesn't change how much I love coming and will continue to come. I love the club, the stadium, the fans, the team.
mostly good points there and what ive been saying for 4 or 5 years now.

You might think "well join 1894 group and tell them".. Im founder member and been doing this for 9 seasons, trying to get these points across is impossible. The best laid plans on match day go out the window. Tbh our fan base doesnt want plans or ideas.

I read a post earlier about the north stand, organise this and do that. But if the core of your fans isnt up for this type of more organised ( not manufactured ) atmosphere it wont work. The north stand will help, we will see.

I looked over at the copenhagen fans on Weds night. Was it all young guys like you see with Polish fans or italians ? No it was far from it, a real mix of older fans, young & older girls, some very young lads. Infact not see such a wide range of different fans. But as my mate from Norway says ( that supports city ) they all join in with no apathy in sing their hearts out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.