Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

I’m not quite sure what you see as a “disgrace”. The home crowd was quiet for most of the game but over 50k of us turned up in appalling weather and dodged train strikes to get there. I join in with every song and even start an occasional chant, but what other people do is up to them.

You are right that there hasn’t been a commitment across the Club and fans to have a good, consistent atmosphere. I1894 have helped to improve the atmosphere for Prem games in recent seasons but the messaging from the Club hasn’t always been great. When they told City Matters to look at away games first and put home games on the back burner is one example.

FWIW, I don’t like to read “solutions” (not in your post) that involve moving existing fans out of there seats in a redesigned stadium. I’m for an expanded North Stand but the answers are for fans to find their voices and the South Stand and Kippax Light to be better coordinated.
Still trying to get my chant “Sit down for the Champions” to take off.

I laughed at that good quality banter from the Danes. We should give a bit of credit where it’s due. The Dutch famously took the piss out of the Germans (in German) and it’s seen as a mark of top banter across Europe.

I would love us to be loud and passionate every game but we aren’t so I will make do with brilliant football and even decent ticket prices the other night
Love our rendition of “You’re not singing anymore” and immediately their drummer started again.

That spontaneity is what makes going to football matches for me.

Thanks for the points Brightwell, our ultra is 1894 like the 3522 in Los Angles, the idea is the club would open up and work with 1894 so if you wanted a season ticket for the area you would work with 1894 by joining their supporters' association so if you wanted to be in the loudest part of the ground the new North Stand. The rest of the people who don't want to be can go to other parts of the ground where is less noise from people playing the drums etc. Regarding working with the supporter base making the North Stand the cheapest area in the ground would be a massive step forward. Culture be changed if you allow it, if the club had not changed its culture we would still be at Maine Road and we would not have Pep as manager when CFG took over they changed the culture invested in youth built the campus etc, and started getting all the teams playing 4-3-3 so youth players can come in play straight of the bat

Here is a video where the ultra worked with the club to help improve the atmosphere and facilities

I think linking membership of a stand with 1894 is a decent idea tbf. If nothing else it might give them a bit of money to spend on banners and the like.

Here's my take. As a new City fan but having followed my actual club all over the country and having away fans come to our place and often outnumber us when we were in the conference.

I'll add in my match going mates opinion too (Wolves fan).

The atmosphere is better at bigger games, but that's par for course.

The chants are crap, there's no repetition. Take the dippers with the allez chant, they sing it more than just once.

It's awkward for new fans. I didn't see Zabaleta, Edin Dzeko etc. I don't sing those.... it would feel wrong.

We never win at home we never win away, we're not really here. I'll get stick for this but they're shit. I sing them, but they're shit. Might have been funny when being good was new, but time to move on.

Favourites are: Never felt more like singing the blues, Blue moon etc. Proper songs, that mean something. And CITY CITY CITY. Every corner that should be rolled out.

Anyway just my opinion. Doesn't change how much I love coming and will continue to come. I love the club, the stadium, the fans, the team.

we never win at home - a shit chant? Call yourself a city fan… surely on a wind up

It’s a classic and sums everything about our club and fanbase. Let’s get rid of all the classics because new fans don’t like them or know them. What have you been drinking?

The songs about previous players are here to stay and our part of our history. I didn’t see Colin bell live but I’ll still sing about him.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.