Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

Anyone else noticed Cancelo was particularly expressive with his hand by his ear after his goal ? Looked like he was making a point.

Last edited:
Anyone else noticed Cancelo was particularly expressive with his hand by his ear after his goal ? Looked like he was making a point.
I thought that too and that the atmosphere was poorest its been this season for a league fixture. Think there was a huge come down from the derby, 3 home games in a week and the lack of ambition from the opposition all contributed too.
Cancelo hasn't been anywhere near as good as he was last season. Don't know whether he's been getting any flack?
Still capable of outrageous bits of skill like the goal and has had a few obscene assists this season.
He was ridiculously good last season maybe he's set the bar too high for some.

Cancelo.

Think he wants a chant.
It was like, I've scored, so where's my chant? Hand to ear.
Doubt it's anything else.
If it was making a point about the general atmosphere, he would be throwing his arms in the air, like players do when they want more atmosphere.

Cancelo.

Think he wants a chant.
If it was making a point about the general atmosphere, he would be throwing his arms in the air, like players do when they want more atmosphere.
We’re approaching Xmas so I’m sure the Cancelo Cancelo Cancelo chant will get going again, not playing for over a month might cut it short though

Cancelo.

Think he wants a chant.

Come on we can get a song for him out of this

Could have something simple for cancelo like ABBA gimmie
Gimmie gimme gimme cancelo at left back beating your defenders and scoring some goals
Gimmie gimme gimme cancelo at right back no matter where you play him he will assist us the goals

I will get my coat haha

Cancelo.

Think he wants a chant.
Agreed, that’s what it looked like to me too. He can probably hear the fans singing the songbook about ex players and is wondering wtf.

Agreed, that’s what it looked like to me too. He can probably hear the fans singing the songbook about ex players and is wondering wtf.

I agree on your second point. We have so many current players without songs. How does foden for instance not have a song.

During the Mancini era we came up with loads of really great imaginative chants. We seem to have lost that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.