Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

Were you at the game tonight Tim?

If you weren’t, you haven’t got a clue. If you were, you’re lying.

Copenhagens support tonight was f*cking superb regardless if they had somebody orchestrating at the front of the lower tier.

2 tiers, 5000-10,000 fans singing for 90 minutes. Getting the rest of the stadium singing. Driving the team on for 90 minutes. Whilst City’s support stood in silence, bar the odd chant, for 90 minutes.

Those City fans who went tonight will know I’m not lying.
You’ve totally misunderstood my post. I have asked Moomba why would he buy a ticket for a section of the ground where the singing was led by a Capo with a megaphone when he’s so opposed to a megaphone. It wouldn’t be an issue if he didn’t buy a ticket in a section with a megaphone (in his example).

I am not sure why you are running around calling fellow Blues liars. I never said I was at the game. I’m in favour of the capo led chanting as I’ve mentioned on here several times. I have been to see Atalanta several times and on most occasions they’ve had a great atmosphere led by Capos. I don’t see how the singing between the South Stand and Kippax can be joined up without more organisation.

There’s other reasons why the atmosphere at our games is inconsistent, despite the good work of 1894. For example, Every time demand for away tickets exceeds supply there is a thread on here with some disgruntled fans having a pop at other Blues. Likewise every time somebody makes suggestions for improving the atmosphere they are met with negativity.

I have met you and you came across as a great guy but tonight you’ve joined the ranks of those who have a pop at fellow Blues first and think second.

we have fanbases in this country (not just our own) who are too stuck in their ways to not allow changes.

Obviously people will talk about the PL or all seater stadiums as a reason for declining stadum atmospheres.

I agree.

People generally and particularly older ones do not like change.
Our fans would do anything to improve the atmosphere, but they wouldn't do that

I agree.

People generally and particularly older ones do not like change.
Our fans would do anything to improve the atmosphere, but they wouldn't do that
Loads of these same people have been making changes to their houses, gardens etc with money saved being stuck in during the lockdowns. However, when it comes to football, they are fiercely opposed to change.

Non stop singing with absolutely no regard to what's happening on the pitch.

Not for me.

In no way having a pop at you mate as it's entirely each to their own, but I am in disbelief that so many on here are of the same opinion as you.

I don't think there's any logic in only singing or creating an atmosphere when you're on the front foot and sitting/standing in silence for the rest of the time.

There's something to be said for the likes of Crystal Palace who have a section of fans singing loudly all game *and* get the whole stadium joining in when they're on the front foot. It's really really well done imo and would make the whole experience more enjoyable.

We've had plenty of great atmospheres at the Etihad and Maine Road without a capo or ultras section I'm not denying that, but there's nothing wrong with making that a bit more of a regular occurance. It won't make the difference every single week as we know quality on the pitch is far more important but you never know, that extra lift might be all it takes on the very odd occassion so from that sense it's worth it. Example being Southampton at home last season (0-0), the team needed an extra spark that day and weren't able to find it themselves, could never say for definite but if there's even a chance the crowd could have provided it then why not go for it?

You’ve totally misunderstood my post. I have asked Moomba why would he buy a ticket for a section of the ground where the singing was led by a Capo with a megaphone when he’s so opposed to a megaphone. It wouldn’t be an issue if he didn’t buy a ticket in a section with a megaphone (in his example).

I am not sure why you are running around calling fellow Blues liars. I never said I was at the game. I’m in favour of the capo led chanting as I’ve mentioned on here several times. I have been to see Atalanta several times and on most occasions they’ve had a great atmosphere led by Capos. I don’t see how the singing between the South Stand and Kippax can be joined up without more organisation.

There’s other reasons why the atmosphere at our games is inconsistent, despite the good work of 1894. For example, Every time demand for away tickets exceeds supply there is a thread on here with some disgruntled fans having a pop at other Blues. Likewise every time somebody makes suggestions for improving the atmosphere they are met with negativity.

I have met you and you came across as a great guy but tonight you’ve joined the ranks of those who have a pop at fellow Blues first and think second.
Firstly, let me apologise.

I was pissed, tired and frustrated by the result, the missed penalty, the ruled out goal, and the lack of support from our fans.

TBH I don’t know why I take the lack of support by our fans personally. There’s nothing I can do about it.

Replying to you post.

Why would you buy a ticket in a section of the ground where you were instructed what to sing?

I stand in SSL1. People start songs all the time from the back of the stand. In doing so they’re instructing City fans below them what to sing. It doesn’t matter if songs are started from the front of the stand via a capo, or from the back of the stand by a single person or a group of people, the outcome is still the same. Fans, regardless of who they suport, will always sing songs that are started by their fellow fans, orchestrated or not.

From a personal point of view I wouldn’t have a problem following a Capo. Other people would. I accept that. It’s all about choices. At the end of the day all I want to hear and see is City fans supporting the team as much and as best they can.

Last night our support stood in complete silence for most of the game bar the odd chant. Copenhagens support drove their team on. Yes it was constant. Yes at times it didn’t mirror what was happening on the pitch. And other times it did. But to me that doesn’t matter. What matters is getting behind the team and giving them as much support as possible throughout the match.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.