Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

Haha yeah, Danny on stage shouting, ‘okay it’s derby day, all you six year olds here in City Square let’s hear it sung loudly, to the tune of Coming Round the Mountain, the words are “if you’re wearing red you’re a ****, or an half’n’half scarf you’re a ****, if you’re wearing red or an half’n’half scarf, wearing red you’re a ****”… ready, go…’
Can you imagine the apathy?

I actually remember being at Maine Road during the late 70s or early 80s and some kid had written some cheesy daft song and the announcer requested that the Kippax sing along to it at half time. There was total silence. It might have been my earliest ever cringe.

Having more pubs near the ground would be great. Loved a few pints before walking up to Maine Road. Unfortunately having more pubs near the Etihad would not be sustainable on non match days. Not sure there’s would be the footfall to keep them going, especially in the current economic shitshow.

Having more pubs near the ground would be great. Loved a few pints before walking up to Maine Road. Unfortunately having more pubs near the Etihad would not be sustainable on non match days. Not sure there’s would be the footfall to keep them going, especially in the current economic shitshow.
The arena might help in a few years, but like you say pubs and hospitality are shutting down left, right and centre all over the city and country, so you'd have to be a madman to even think about it right now. My mate owns a bar and doesn't know if he'll last till Christmas.

say it each week.

we sing more about Edin Dzeko now, than when he actually played for us.

I know from other clubs they have singing sections, that actually sing throughout the game no matter the opposition.

We don't seem to do that, or its not hearable.

Some of the louder chants come from SS level 3 on saturday.

I'm a fan of the prematch and half time presenters, but it needs freshing up. Its stale as fuck.

Can you imagine the apathy?

I actually remember being at Maine Road during the late 70s or early 80s and some kid had written some cheesy daft song and the announcer requested that the Kippax sing along to it at half time. There was total silence. It might have been my earliest ever cringe.
I remember Neil Innes playing piano on the pitch and the announcer asking the Kippax to sing a chorus of his song ( think it was for a sketch show). There was disbelief, sniggers and lots of swearing. Another case of Swales being out of touch with the the supporters.

I remember Neil Innes playing piano on the pitch and the announcer asking the Kippax to sing a chorus of his song ( think it was for a sketch show). There was disbelief, sniggers and lots of swearing. Another case of Swales being out of touch with the the supporters.
That might be the same memory, I’m not sure. Would have been around 81-82 at a guess.

Hey at least it'll get a few songs going.
"who's the wanker on the stool? "
"You're just a shit liberace "

There's one on the walk to the ground from Piccadilly that always breaks my heart when I walk past it which would make a great matchday spot. Probably needs loads spending on it, and this is pure wishful thinking, but wouldn't it be great if someone at the club chucked a million quid at it and let City fans run it as a co-op.
Bank of England or the gaff that used to have the parrots?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.