Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

I wish we had half a dozen proper decent boozers around the stadium, outdoor beer garden sort for the Sunnier months. I think that’s make a huge difference for people learning songs and getting new ones aired.
There's one on the walk to the ground from Piccadilly that always breaks my heart when I walk past it which would make a great matchday spot. Probably needs loads spending on it, and this is pure wishful thinking, but wouldn't it be great if someone at the club chucked a million quid at it and let City fans run it as a co-op.

There's one on the walk to the ground from Piccadilly that always breaks my heart when I walk past it which would make a great matchday spot. Probably needs loads spending on it, and this is pure wishful thinking, but wouldn't it be great if someone at the club chucked a million quid at it and let City fans run it as a co-op.

City fans run it as a co op -;)

That would end well. It's a nice idea though pal.

I agree. We’ve lost our imagination with new chants and just rehash old football chants or straight up pinch them from big Liverpool and United songs (Zinchenko’s last season was a straight steal from ‘Bobby’ Firmino’s and Alvarez’s is a straight steal from ‘Georgie’ Best’s).

Be imaginative. Be original.

Also the biggest thing for me is that we need some new City songs. Nobody ever makes up new City songs anymore. City songs are the songs that are sung around the stadium. We’ve not had an new one for about a quarter of a century.

Also a lot of songs don’t catch on around the stadium because most fans haven’t got a clue what any chants are. I’ve said this before, but tap any average random City fan on the shoulder in any stand from Colin Bell, North or East and ask them ‘what chant is being sung now?’ (let’s say it’s that Ruden Dias one for example), 90% of them wouldn’t have a clue what the chant was, what the words are…

Because away ticket allocations are so small now the club fucking pinch half of them (which is a fucking disgrace! buts that’s another topic) to dish out to nobodies, we only have around 4,000 fans (at a guess) going to away games regularly over the season. It’s a very very very small closed shop, so 99% of our fanbase never hear any new chants because hardly any go to away games. We also have no pubs around the Etihad so where other clubs have loads of pubs around their stadium and have loads of fans in these pubs belting out songs, our fanbase doesn’t experience that because we don’t really have any to get people in hearing songs sung. We don’t have YouTube channels with videos of fans singing songs for people who aren’t in the vocal areas to learn them. Our vocal sections at the Etihad are fucking tiny so we can’t fit enough in to get more than a couple of thousand hearing songs sung in those areas.

We couldn’t really think up any more ways to make it more difficult to get our fanbase to learn our songs.

I am sure we could sort City Square stage for 5 minutes before games, to air some of the new songs.

Isn’t that the one in the grounds of which they found a crime land victim buried ? A fitting metaphor for the atmosphere most weeks :-)

I am sure we could sort City Square stage for 5 minutes before games, to air some of the new songs.
Haha yeah, Danny on stage shouting, ‘okay it’s derby day, all you six year olds here in City Square let’s hear it sung loudly, to the tune of Coming Round the Mountain, the words are “if you’re wearing red you’re a ****, or an half’n’half scarf you’re a ****, if you’re wearing red or an half’n’half scarf, wearing red you’re a ****”… ready, go…’

not sure which one you mean but if you're referring to the Mictchell Arms on the corner of Every St, it was a fucking toilet, and a shite one at that. Good riddance. But i take you're point, a couple more pubs round and about would be nice!

Not a bad idea but we need some songs to air. Perhaps get a group of lads from the singing section who are willing to get on stage to look like tits for the cause and belt out some new ones that have potential. Personally I think it would be amazing to get Gala's freed from desire with the words "Haaland you're defence is terrified" rocking around the stadium (like the Scots fans at Hampden park) That could easily be started and tested at City Square, same with Billy Oceans fantastic Love really hurts without you. Then we can use that to get a song for Cancelo and Phil. Who cares if fans take the piss. We need to do something because frankly our home atmosphere has become stale and apathetic shame when you think of how brilliant our team is. Improve the atmosphere it and it will have a knock on effect and people may actually want to stay in the stadium for the whole 90+ mins that they've paid good money to watch their team.

Last edited:
Not a bad idea but we need some songs to air. Perhaps get a group of lads from the singing section who are willing to get on stage to look like tits for the cause and belt out some new ones that have potential. Personally I think it would be amazing to get Gala's freed from desire with the words Haaland you're defence is terrified going around the stadium. That could easily be started and tested at City Square, same with Billy Oceans fantastic Love really hurts without you. Then we can use that to get a song for Cancelo and Phil. Who cares of fans take the piss. We need to do something because frankly our home atmosphere has become stale and apathetic shame when you think of how brilliant our team is. Improve the atmosphere it and it will have a knock on effect and people may actually want to stay in the stadium for the whole 90+ mins that they've paid good money to watch their team.
Our home atmosphere has been really good, it’s the songs that have become a bit stale.

Not a bad idea but we need some songs to air. Perhaps get a group of lads from the singing section who are willing to get on stage to look like tits for the cause and belt out some new ones that have potential. Personally I think it would be amazing to get Gala's freed from desire with the words Haaland you're defence is terrified going around the stadium. That could easily be started and tested at City Square, same with Billy Oceans fantastic Love really hurts without you. Then we can use that to get a song for Cancelo and Phil. Who cares of fans take the piss. We need to do something because frankly our home atmosphere has become stale and apathetic shame when you think of how brilliant our team is. Improve the atmosphere it and it will have a knock on effect and people may actually want to stay in the stadium for the whole 90+ mins that they've paid good money to watch their team.

I am an ideas man, you are the music man, I think @Pyschedelic Casual is our stage guy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.