Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

If atmosphere is so important and makes such a difference to the team then lower ticket prices, its that simple.
In the grand scheme of things, with all the money the club has, money on the gate is just a drop in the ocean. Lower ticket prices and get young locals in. Just look at the crowds in Germany, even Denmark. Cheap tickets mean better atmosphere.

The ones that created the atmosphere in the past have gotten older and probably cba anymore.Then the younger fans are from a generation of social anxiety and brought up on the atmosphere steadily declining so there's no learning the ropes or riding coat tails as it were.
It's the same at almost every team in this country(at least prem anyway), that's why you can ALWAYS hear our away support.

The ones that created the atmosphere in the past have gotten older and probably cba anymore.Then the younger fans are from a generation of social anxiety and brought up on the atmosphere steadily declining so there's no learning the ropes or riding coat tails as it were.
It's the same at almost every team in this country(at least prem anyway), that's why you can ALWAYS hear our away support.
Dont think thats true, there are plenty of clubs where young fans get behind clubs, I'd say the bigger issue is ticket prices. Club local to us, its a tenner in for u18s - all the local kids go up and they are singing from the start of the match to the end.

If you watch the interview Pep didn't care about the booing and was pleased with the atmosphere. It was the first half he didn't like. I noticed hima couple of weeks ago when we were playing Everton that he started making frustrated gestures to the crowd then stopped himself.

It's giving the players a lift when it isn't gelling that's a problem. We can do it when we've got a head a steam up but we don't do it enough when they need us.

I swear to God I've been going to City for 46 years and I've never taken, or even thought about taking, a photo during match.

I fact I'm lying. For some reason when Tevez went up to lift the FA Cup I got my camera out and videoed it. I regret it to this day because I don't have a proper memory of the first trophy we won in my lifetime. What a stupid idea it was and I still don't know why I did it.
That wasn't during the game tbf so can be forgiven. These guys were taking selfies, and i think the new phones allow you to do dual cameras so he was taking a picture of himself but also at the same times he was taking a picture of the players on the pitch. So he was actually taking a picture of himself watching the game!

Pep's got form for calling the crowd, don't know if it's some kind of mind games he uses too wind everyone up (players and fans) but it worked last time. I think our recent form and going 2-0 down last night took its toll on Pep's emotions personally and he went off on one.

It was a good atmosphere from half-time until the third goal. After Mahrez put us ahead however, it actually went quiet again.

That wasn't during the game tbf so can be forgiven. These guys were taking selfies, and i think the new phones allow you to do dual cameras so he was taking a picture of himself but also at the same times he was taking a picture of the players on the pitch. So he was actually taking a picture of himself watching the game!
Yes, I started noticing it in the champions league games a few years ago. I was amused to see some couple getting absolutely bollocked by someone for trying to use one of those selfie sticks during a game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.