Etihad atmosphere

Mouthy red on Facebook going on about lack of atmosphere but I thought on TV we came across alright, especially considering it was a meaningless kick about.

Think the whole "city have got shit fans" myth has just become standard practice now for every home match whether it's true or not. Quite embarrassing for them really, years ago it used to be that the only thing they couldn't take the piss out of us for was our support, now it's literally all they've got left. Makes me smile really.

Mouthy red on Facebook going on about lack of atmosphere but I thought on TV we came across alright, especially considering it was a meaningless kick about.

Think the whole "city have got shit fans" myth has just become standard practice now for every home match whether it's true or not. Quite embarrassing for them really, years ago it used to be that the only thing they couldn't take the piss out of us for was our support, now it's literally all they've got left. Makes me smile really.
Just stay off Facefuck

Fuck me Celtic have a big repertoire of songs.

Seemed like we sang about five in comparison.
This is one of the big big problems with us. We've got no songs!

We have got about four songs about City we sing and that's it. Player chants are the only ones that ever get made up these days but they aren't the chants you sing in close games to get behind the team. It's the City chants that need singing and we have a simple few.

Celtic were nowhere near as good as some of the other fans who've been to our ground, like Aris. But their songs are miles better than most of the German fans because their songs have proper words and lots of them and most are pro-Celtic (of course the odd few aren't). I didn't hear the word "Rangers" all night from them. Can we say the same about our songs and United? Even our club superstar's chant is as much about United as it is Kun.

We need some City chants!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is one of the big big problems with us. We've got no songs!

We have got about four songs about City we sing and that's it. Player chants are the only ones that ever get made up these days but they aren't the chants you sing in close games to get behind the team. It's the City chants that need singing and we have a simple few.

Celtic were nowhere near as good as some of the other fans who've been to our ground, like Aris. But their songs are miles better than most of the German fans because their songs have proper words and lots of them and most are pro-Celtic (of course the odd few aren't). I didn't hear the word "Rangers" all night from them. Can we say the same about our songs and United. Even our club superstar's chant is as much about United as it is Kun.

We need some City chants!

Exactly my thoughts mate - see my post just after yours.

Thought the light show with the mobiles was quite well coordinated by them...most of the ones behind me in the family stand got chucked out though after the stewards had evidence as to who they were :-)

Some catchy ones with a good tune that basically have no words like that one Oh Oh Oh we are Celtic. All of our new songs are about players or managers - I can't actually remember the last one which was plain and simply about City?
I think the last City chant we came up with was The Best Team In The Land And All The World. How old is that one, 15 years ago when we came up with that?

I don't think we've had a new City chant since.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.