Etihad atmosphere

'City til I die...' was started off by one of our fans
That's older that one though, Fitzroy was playing when we first sang that.

I can't think of any newer than TBTITLAATW.

I think the last City chant we came up with was The Best Team In The Land And All The World. How old is that one, 15 years ago when we came up with that?

I don't think we've had a new City chant since.

I've always been of the opinion we should sing You're the one for me City to you're the one for me Fatty by Morrissey. There was a version for Gareth Barry which lasted for a game or two, but it sounded great. Would be a City song and it wouldn't die if someone left or was out injured, which is the problem with player songs is when they leave or are out - eg Mancini, Pellegrini, Balotelli, Dzeko, Kompany, ahem.. Adam Johnson.

We have old songs aplenty but they rarely take off - no idea why, but on the occasions I've been in SS lower, even with the ones who are really enthusiastic, the old songs just don't get going.

The Poznan was too cheesy for us apparently, but no coincidence it was also around a time when we had a decent home atmosphere. And you know what, it looked and sounded class when Celtic did their version tonight. They also sang Irish songs - the fields of Athenry with no changed words. If they can do that why can't we belt out a few Manchester anthems!!

Last edited:
Some good sense on the last couple of pages. Our songs are dire. And old. Blue moon is terrible. And inventing songs for each player - I mean why?? Balotelli had probably the best lyrics ever for his song, total genius, but what use is it now?
All we need is 4/5 simple repetitive catchy chants. It doesn't matter what the hell the words are as long as you hear city, or blue or something mentioned. Just create a wall of noise with simple repetitive chants. The words don't matter, too many on here trying to be too clever. It doesn't work. Listen to the best tunes from the best atmospheres around and copy it.

Some good sense on the last couple of pages. Our songs are dire. And old. Blue moon is terrible. And inventing songs for each player - I mean why?? Balotelli had probably the best lyrics ever for his song, total genius, but what use is it now?
All we need is 4/5 simple repetitive catchy chants. It doesn't matter what the hell the words are as long as you hear city, or blue or something mentioned. Just create a wall of noise with simple repetitive chants. The words don't matter, too many on here trying to be too clever. It doesn't work. Listen to the best tunes from the best atmospheres around and copy it.
Think the guardiola song has been pretty catchy this season, especially at aways.

Please keep at it blues, I really believe that something will change to make the match day experience better. It's hard to stay positive, especially when you're surrounded by cocks. Now I just stand up and sing at the bottom of the SSL3. Usually ends up with some catching on. We need to get it into people's head 'Get behind the team'. Going Leicester away this weekend, better be a gooden!

I've always been of the opinion we should sing You're the one for me City to you're the one for me Fatty by Morrissey. There was a version for Gareth Barry which lasted for a game or two, but it sounded great. Would be a City song and it wouldn't die if someone left or was out injured, which is the problem with player songs is when they leave or are out - eg Mancini, Pellegrini, Balotelli, Dzeko, Kompany, ahem.. Adam Johnson.

We have old songs aplenty but they rarely take off - no idea why, but on the occasions I've been in SS lower, even with the ones who are really enthusiastic, the old songs just don't get going.

The Poznan was too cheesy for us apparently, but no coincidence it was also around a time when we had a decent home atmosphere. And you know what, it looked and sounded class when Celtic did their version tonight. They also sang Irish songs - the fields of Athenry with no changed words. If they can do that why can't we belt out a few Manchester anthems!!
Yeah I agree. Make the Gareth Barry one we had about City.
"You're the one for me, City
You're the one I really really love
and we will sing
'We'll be champions again in May'"
(Repeat)
Easy.

Another one we could have is to the tune of The Sex Pistols "Pretty Vacant":
"We are City oh Man City
Aaahhh
Man-chester"
(Repeat)

Simple, everyone can learn it easily, about City, doesn't mention United, doesn't matter if a player leaves.

Ideally we could have a few with loads of words that could get going for ages. Something like Oasis "Slide Away", don't bother even changing the words, just sing it as it is from start to finish on 55 minutes every week or something. (This is just an example, doesn't actually have to be that song or at that time).

I'm also going as far to say that the vocal sections next to the away fans has not worked for 13 years at that stadium now and needs a compete re-think.

It is too easy to dilute our outnoise out tiny vocal sections any time any half decent set of fans turn up, never mind when fans like last night who sing for 89:30 of 92minutes, all of them.

It's time for a change. We've been at this ground since 2003 and it's not not worked! It's time we reinvented ourselves and had a complete change-around.

So no more putting a little smartphone speaker next to a Bose SoundTouch and hope the smartphone speaker can make more noise. It's time we had our own proper Bose SoundTouch somewhere else, and somewhere that no matter how many away fans there are, they can never be moved or surrounded for cup games or simply outnoised by the 3000 in the normal away section.

Couldn't agree more about Bluemoon. I had Celtic fans at both sides of me and they were saying that, not just City but England, we sing one verse of a song and it stops and we're quiet again. Celtic did have a large number of songs. There's quite a lot if we look back that we have that we don't do much anymore, "You are my City, my only City" for example. I did say it's like having Absolute 80s on listening to them!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.