Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site (cont

Slightly off topic.

Had the misfortune of driving by the swamp the other day. What a shit tip.

The self proclaim "biggest club in the world" and its iconic "theatre of dreams"

Everything about it looks utter shit, an architectural monstrosity from the outside marketed to the world using that big glass window with the statue of the ticket tout as the rest of it looks like shit version of BandQ.

Best bit is - likely to be decades (if ever) before anything is done with it whilst all the time we sprinkle gold dust over east manchester.
To go on a further tangent MCFC academy players turn up at the CFA and their lads (up to 12s) turn up a littleton road which is little more than a shed (nice pitches though) . Its gonna take something pretty compelling to choose them twats over us ie. your`re a dyed in the wool rag or not good enough for City no other reason to go there.

A couple of in-construction frames from the official expansion video caught my eye

Looks like during the season there will be a temporary protection platform over the back of the second tier
[bigimg]http://stevenicklin.com/images/city/southstand1.jpg[/bigimg]

which gets removed once the new boxes and majority of the concrete supporting the 3rd teir seating is in
[bigimg]http://stevenicklin.com/images/city/southstand2.jpg[/bigimg]

Danamy said:
Shaelumstash said:
ManCityX said:
It goes slightly past the two central supports so lots of room.

05f72076-682_1426121a.jpg

Looking at the picture above, if we assume the extension of the North Stand will be similar to the South Stand, will that not be building directly on to the area currently occupied by the stage at City Square? Another poster mentioned this earlier, I was wondering if anyone knew of what the plans were for City Sq if we do expand the North Stand.

I've been led to believe that there'll be a new superstore built when this happens so i presume city square will also be re-sited?

Oh ok thanks for that. Well I think strategically it makes perfect sense for City Square to remain where it is as it is the gateway to the Metrolink, exit to the major car parks and eventual collar site. I actually think the City Store kind of gets in the way a bit of the views to the stage from the bars / food concession.

Knocking down the existing City Store and moving the stage of City Square there would actually make it work better as an entertainment venue. Perhaps the new City Store could actually occupy some ground floor space in the expanded North Stand, similar to the Swamp and the Emirates.

EDIT: Sorry nmc, only just read your post after I posted this. Great minds eh?!

Shaelumstash said:
Danamy said:
Shaelumstash said:
Looking at the picture above, if we assume the extension of the North Stand will be similar to the South Stand, will that not be building directly on to the area currently occupied by the stage at City Square? Another poster mentioned this earlier, I was wondering if anyone knew of what the plans were for City Sq if we do expand the North Stand.

I've been led to believe that there'll be a new superstore built when this happens so i presume city square will also be re-sited?

Oh ok thanks for that. Well I think strategically it makes perfect sense for City Square to remain where it is as it is the gateway to the Metrolink, exit to the major car parks and eventual collar site. I actually think the City Store kind of gets in the way a bit of the views to the stage from the bars / food concession.

Knocking down the existing City Store and moving the stage of City Square there would actually make it work better as an entertainment venue. Perhaps the new City Store could actually occupy some ground floor space in the expanded North Stand, similar to the Swamp and the Emirates.

.. Fools seldom differ!...

Just like everyone else I love the plans of the expand Etihad stadium. Once it's complete it's going to be the best stadium in the country. It's definitely going to be comparable with Wembley and the Emirates, if not better? However, I'm going to put the Cat amongst the Pigeons and flag up one fault.(in my opinion)

TBH it won't ever affect me as I won't use the facility. However, I did pick up on it straightaway. I'm sure others have as well. It's the pillars outside the Legends Lounge, supporting the overhang.

Click to enlarge.

[bigimg]http://i.imgur.com/ahHYtkv.jpg[/bigimg]

I assuming people who book tables at the legends won't be able to watch the match through the windows as they will be drinking alcohol, but booking a table in front or either side of the pillars is a bit of a pisser in my opinion. We've probably all had to suffer from restricted views at one time or another.

I'm also wonder why the pillars have been added to support the overhang? The current level two overhangs aren't supported by pillars. And on the renders/plans, the level 3 overhangs don't look that big in comparison to the level 2 overhangs. Any ideas anyone?

That minor bug aside, the plans are really impressive.

While I'm on the subject of impressive, I cam across this.

The new Atlanta Falcons stadium with retractable roof.

New Images Released

Design Concepts: June 26, 2014

With the ground broken on the new stadium site just over a month ago, the Falcons released nine new images of the iconic facility. Highlights of this design release include detailed views of the plazas and entryways just outside the stadium.

Click to enlarge.

If you're interested, click on the link for more renders and information?

[bigimg]http://i1.wp.com/newstadium.atlantafalcons.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/atl-stadium-concept-062614-007.jpg[/bigimg]

[bigimg]http://i0.wp.com/newstadium.atlantafalcons.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/atl-stadium-concept-062614-001.jpg[/bigimg]

[bigimg]http://i0.wp.com/newstadium.atlantafalcons.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/atl-stadium-concept-062614-008.jpg[/bigimg]

<a class="postlink" href="http://newstadium.atlantafalcons.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://newstadium.atlantafalcons.com/</a>

[bigimg]http://i1.wp.com/newstadium.atlantafalcons.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/atl-stadium-concept-062614-007.jpg[/bigimg]

That looks like an angry anus.

nmc said:
Shaelumstash said:
Danamy said:

.. Fools seldom differ!...

Wouldn't it make more sense to move the City Store to the planned "commercial space" at the Mini-had as there would be more passing footfall and have a few more of the smaller pop up stores which we are seeing around the ground. A permanent ticket office could go in the new North Stand which doesn't need to relocate for match days and more space could be used for getting in and out of the new third tier and corporate areas.

jrb said:
Just like everyone else I love the plans of the expand Etihad stadium. Once it's complete it's going to be the best stadium in the country. It's definitely going to be comparable with Wembley and the Emirates, if not better? However, I'm going to put the Cat amongst the Pigeons and flag up one fault.(in my opinion) TBH it won't ever affect me as I won't use the facility. However, I did pick up on it straightaway. I'm sure others have as well. It's the pillars outside the Legends Lounge, supporting the overhang.

Click to enlarge.

[bigimg]http://i.imgur.com/ahHYtkv.jpg[/bigimg]

The fault is obviously the jeans and trainers in the legends lounge!!! Now that would cause a stir!!

Jrb, I'd also noticed the supports in front of the new legends lounge. My guess is that the tables will carefully be positioned so that no one is directly behind one of them and as you say, you're not allowed to watch the game from there anyway.

These supports are probably part of the workaround with regards to the original stadium design being difficult to alter.

Ps

Take a look at the seats in the corners. What would be the very back row. On the render from the Stadium Cabin a new mini bridge of seating is present (joining the upper tiers) but this isn't in the original render or the render from the video. Looks nice with the seating bridge.

Original render

image.jpg

Cabin render (third tier bridge seating present)

image.jpg

Latest

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.