Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site (cont

jrb said:
worsleyweb said:
worsleyweb said:
Am hearing the works are quite a way behind programme!

And bam are loosing figures in excess of ten million on the training ground.

I've always wondered how any construction company could have priced the construction of the training academy properly, considering what possibilities lay ahead. Pricing a stadium expansion(and ab office block/apartment block) would have been childs play in comparison.

Construction projects of this type are notorious to price, but a very prestigious. And are worth tendering for if you get the costs right, and can deliver on time. Big If?

I've got an elderly friend that used to run some big construction projects in New York, and he's said to me before, the first thing you ask the lowest tenders is 'What have you missed or not allowed for ? '. Especially if one is substantially cheaper. As in everything cheapest is not always best.
Not saying that's happened here, but in wanting to win big and prestigiuos contracts there must be a temptation to underestimate costs and in particular labour costs by thinking you can reduce the time taken to complete.

A grassroots club local to me Marton FC have had a day out at the Etihad today and amongst the comments were

and the most stunning HD big screen. I want one in my house

they are installing 2 in the corners of the ground. They look fantastic

Maybe through the LG sponsorship?

Its nice that non-City fans are genuinely impressed by what we have.

worsleyweb said:
Am hearing the works are quite a way behind programme!

Is that way behind the original date of pre-season, or the revised one of finished and first team in by October?
If the latter, any idea how long the delay is supposed to be?

I take it we're still looking at a phased switch to the CFA with the likes of admin first, the junior/women's teams second and the main squad as the final thing.

blueparrot said:
jrb said:
worsleyweb said:
And bam are loosing figures in excess of ten million on the training ground.

I've always wondered how any construction company could have priced the construction of the training academy properly, considering what possibilities lay ahead. Pricing a stadium expansion(and ab office block/apartment block) would have been childs play in comparison.

Construction projects of this type are notorious to price, but a very prestigious. And are worth tendering for if you get the costs right, and can deliver on time. Big If?

I've got an elderly friend that used to run some big construction projects in New York, and he's said to me before, the first thing you ask the lowest tenders is 'What have you missed or not allowed for ? '. Especially if one is substantially cheaper. As in everything cheapest is not always best.
Not saying that's happened here, but in wanting to win big and prestigiuos contracts there must be a temptation to underestimate costs and in particular labour costs by thinking you can reduce the time taken to complete.

That's generally how it works, though with technical works you would usually contract a scope of works to an agreed fee and then there would be an agreement in place if any abnormal costs arose. If they weren't foreseen at the tender stage then you would have to ask why, but it is almost inevitable on large projects that costs exceed what was first estimated/agreed.

It's similar on land purchase bids where obviously you want to pay as little as possible for land, but when bidding have to make it seem as expensive as you can in order to win the bid. Most will bid slightly over what they can pay to meet profit margins and then chip it down when they've won the bid.

fbloke said:
A grassroots club local to me Marton FC have had a day out at the Etihad today and amongst the comments were

Mate did a tour on Wednesday and said they have electronic advertising running around the front of Level 2 similar to the ones at pitchside.

pretty sure jrb has posted piccies of that level 2 electronic advertising

from a twitter account
City1-1.jpg

droylsdenblue said:
fbloke said:

Mate did a tour on Wednesday and said they have electronic advertising running around the front of Level 2 similar to the ones at pitchside.

with the added benefit of it throwing extra heat out to warm us on cold winter nights

Off twitter, couple of pics from inside the minihad

Br896PRCIAAjXqR.jpg

Bsb0Nw-CEAAQqmo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.