Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

nmc said:
IrelandSuperman said:
Do we have any obligation to MCC to keep it there?

I don't think so...some talk of relocating it. Looking at that picture the collar site doesn't look that big - you quickly find yourself drawn to Asda and it's car park.

Or we utilise the huge stadium car parks...

Jnr Kisby said:
jrb said:
ETIHAD_BRIDGE_NEWS.jpg

Thats quite striking, 4 stadia in a row. I do wonder what the long term plan is for the athletics stadium? I wonder if it will make way for more big development once the other spaces are filled.

Wasn't there some discussion paper about the Athletics stadium, Tennis and Squash possibly relocating to the Beswick Hub to release the site for additional Office/leisure development?

Jnr Kisby said:
jrb said:

Thats quite striking, 4 stadia in a row. I do wonder what the long term plan is for the athletics stadium? I wonder if it will make way for more big development once the other spaces are filled.

This is how Melbourne looks. If you replace the tennis courts with footy pitches its not that far off ;-)

iwpyyc.png

gouldybob said:
Jnr Kisby said:
jrb said:

Wasn't there some discussion paper about the Athletics stadium, Tennis and Squash possibly relocating to the Beswick Hub to release the site for additional Office/leisure development?

Has somebody nicked the bridge already ?

ste.sully said:
Bluster said:
Mancini Manus Domini said:
If the club or ADUG want to pay for solar panels on my roof then I'd be happy for the cost of them to be repaid over say 20 years, along with any other savings going towards season ticket discounts and vouchers for the club shop.

City get increased revenue to help them meet FFP. The government gets more green energy for nothing. City or ADUG get their money back over the long term whilst converting oil money into green energy. I get to buy the latest City kit or that MCFC hoodie. Etihad could even sponsor my panels.

City will not be using solar energy to subsidise tickets or anything else. The club is still some way off breaking even and will look to maximise every income stream and minimise costs. Increased hospitality, energy companies and sponsorship deals are all designed to increase revenue.

We will continue to be charged as much as the club feel they can get away with.
Who comes up with this PV or wind turbine bollocks? Both are sources of micro-generation and are pretty useless. As someone who works in an industry which has to deal with such devices regularly I will never understand why people waste so much time and money on such minuscule, inefficient devices. As Chris articulates it perfectly - there just 'eco bling' like a beautiful woman but no brain or personality.

If City want to make some serious money from providing energy they would build some CHP boilers which can provide electricity and heating for the surrounding district. Not too dissimilar from what the Co-op have done at Angel Square - you know the beehive like building near Victoria station which emits white smoke from flues at the top of the building.

There are already 2 CHP's installed in the Academy Energy Centre although this is currently to meet the demand on that particular part of the Campus. Further CHP's are planned and will indeed be linked into a wider district heating scheme in due course (City will have an internal district heating scheme for the Campus feeding the various developments). Potentially they may be linked to the City Centre district heating scheme currently under discussion. CHP's have already been installed in the Town Hall extension as part of this scheme and further ones have been proposed. The largest of which could be located in the GMEX.

fbloke said:
Jnr Kisby said:
jrb said:

This is how Melbourne looks. If you replace the tennis courts with footy pitches its not that far off ;-)

iwpyyc.png
Apart from the roads, the flora and fauna, the river

BoyBlue_1985 said:
fbloke said:
Jnr Kisby said:

iwpyyc.png

We have canals, the Medlock and Phillips Park ;-)

fbloke said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
fbloke said:

iwpyyc.png

We have canals, the Medlock and Phillips Park ;-)

Yes but apart from that, what did the romans ever do for us?!

BoyBlue_1985 said:
fbloke said:
Jnr Kisby said:

iwpyyc.png

The sunshine

bluwes said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
fbloke said:

iwpyyc.png

The sunshine
The outdoor concert arena

I do love Manchester just not sure I would compare it to a city that is considered by all measurements the 2nd best in the world
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.