Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site (continue

Fantastic picture...
[bigimg]http://s9.postimg.org/ap8yxzinj/P1030011.jpg[/bigimg]

As an aside,jrb, do we have any idea who will be doing the Official Opening of the Academy ? Wonder if Sheikh Mansour will be doing the honours or would he not like that sort of thing,seeing he`s paid for it.
Nothing sinister, just wondered if you`d heard owt mate.

Thanks jrb, some great shots in there.

Have to say that it's a shame for those who haven't seen it all in the flesh yet, as it's more impressive in reality. No offence jrb! -)

I now park on Clayton Lane on matchdays, on the opposite side of the stadium(s) and walk down past the new College/leisure centre and the along Alan Turing Way up to the new bridge and the change already there is astounding. The Minihad looks really impressive even on that side that isn't finished, so I need to walk round the other way next game as the finished (east) stand of the stadium looks great on the photos...

Also, re the Etihad I've always thought the North and South stands looked a bit puny next to the East and West, which spoiled the look and feel... But by the look of the plans, they're going to be dwarfed by the N/S extensions.

It's gonna be great.

TonyM said:
Thanks for the pics. I must say though as impressive as everything is - don't like the "pipe" look of the cladding on the academy building. Smooth would have been nicer imo.

I disagree.. I really like the flow of it and it does mirror the horizontal(ish) lines of the spirals on the stadium... Which is also going to be reflected in the design of the extensions.

[bigimg]http://i.imgur.com/lGP0Clc.jpg[/bigimg]

kippaxblue76 said:
jrb said:
So this isn't going to be the best stadium in the country when the expansion is finished?

Even in render land, City fans are still leaving early. ;-) (stop it)

How The Etihad is going to look when both ends are expanded.

Click twice for a spectacular sight.

[bigimg]http://i.imgur.com/lGP0Clc.jpg[/bigimg]

Not gonna look to shabby......Any idea what the building next to the shop is ?

at the moment its a indoor running track and somewhere you can a pint plus other stuff, but when I go there its just to the bar

oakiecokie said:
As an aside,jrb, do we have any idea who will be doing the Official Opening of the Academy ? Wonder if Sheikh Mansour will be doing the honours or would he not like that sort of thing,seeing he`s paid for it.

Reckon we couldn't do much better than the President of the FA, a certain Prince William...after all, we are owned by Royalty and even the Queen has mentioned us when the Abu Dhabi delegation visited England...would like to see how Platini and his cronies reacted to that one...

The campus is due to be completed for the upcoming season is it not?

Delboy352 said:
oakiecokie said:

Reckon we couldn't do much better than the President of the FA, a certain Prince William...after all, we are owned by Royalty and even the Queen has mentioned us when the Abu Dhabi delegation visited England...would like to see how Platini and his cronies reacted to that one...

Probably the same way as they reacted to England's World Cup bid I'd expect.

Sorry if this has been covered, but why on earth are their plans to keep some of the away allocation in the bottom tier behind the goal once the extension is complete? The plans show half in the bottom two as per usual and half in the extended top. Surely the best thing would have been to have stuck them in the top tier.

Have split all of the klanfield stuff off into its own thread in the General Football Forum

This is the thread for City, jrb and GX!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.