Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site (continue

Although ultimately underwhelming, I remember how proud and excited I was seeing the new platt lane stand going up. We're essentially adding a new platt lane at each end to an already impressive stadium.

It's surreal

01MANC said:
Although ultimately underwhelming, I remember how proud and excited I was seeing the new platt lane stand going up. We're essentially adding a new platt lane at each end to an already impressive stadium.

It's surreal

In terms of additional capacity you're correct, but the scheme is way more than that. The existing legends lounge will be fully stripped out and reconfigured as well as a total upgrade on all current concourses and supporter match day facilities. All of these works are programme as part of this phase of the redevelopment.

01MANC said:

It's surreal

Underwhelming was an understatement! Didn't we just rip out the wood benches and put in some (far less) plastic seats and bolt some ready-made boxes on top?

Do you realise we are going to have huge great steel columns on the concourse permanently from level one. These will support the third tier above??

Talking to someone very involved today, the programme is tight to say the least. 24 7 working in the close season. A lot of temporary waterproofing next season as well. Looking forward to the people winging they are getting wet next season.

Ps expect to see some piling at the north end jan 16.

john@staustell said:
01MANC said:

It's surreal

Underwhelming was an understatement! Didn't we just rip out the wood benches and put in some (far less) plastic seats and bolt some ready-made boxes on top?
Went from 9,000 to 5,500. I think the money ran out and the original plans had to be altered.<br /><br />-- Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:43 am --<br /><br />
worsleyweb said:
Do you realise we are going to have huge great steel columns on the concourse permanently from level one. These will support the third tier above??

Talking to someone very involved today, the programme is tight to say the least. 24 7 working in the close season. A lot of temporary waterproofing next season as well. Looking forward to the people winging they are getting wet next season.

Is the North Stand expansion set to follow immediately?

Marvin said:
john@staustell said:
01MANC said:

It's surreal

Went from 9,000 to 5,500. I think the money ran out and the original plans had to be altered.

-- Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:43 am --

worsleyweb said:

Is the North Stand expansion set to follow immediately?

It's scheduled to commence in the closed season next year, but the contract, or contractor to do the work isn't agreed yet.

I still don't get why they're not starting the new rows round the pitch straight away.

john@staustell said:
01MANC said:

It's surreal

No. It was a complete rebuild with corporate boxes etc. my point being there was a lot of hype about a brand new stand. Here we are now adding the equivalent capacity of 2 platt lane stands, plus lots more bells and whistles.

It would be magnificent if we made the 1st, 2nd and 3rd tiers all one stand at each end. Magnificent.

Maybe not possible though.

Chancy Termites said:
I still don't get why they're not starting the new rows round the pitch straight away.

If I'm not mistaken then it's not just a case of putting new rows of seats in front of the existing ones. I think a lot of the botton tiers of seats and terrace has to be removed and reset at a new shallower profile, so quite a big job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.