Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Threa

I can't wait for this to be completed and we have our first 50k plus crowd since I think the 1981 QF against Everton? And bollocks to what people say? It will happen. As others have mentioned if we finally do something in Europe then the sky is the limit. I know we have to meet FFP but I would love to see what kind of a crowd City could attract for a 'big game' if the tickets were really cheap? It's frustrating as anyone with any sense is aware the fanbase is already in place across Greater Manchester, Lancashire, Yorkshire, Cumbria and probably other areas of the country but we do have a fanbase that sadly doesn't earn a lot of money.

Bluep*ss said:
mrtwiceaseason said:
marco said:
yes its getting dropped 3/4ft
We sit on row F if they drop the pitch by 4 feet it would make our view even better .BUT you don't think they would re letter the rows from the front and we all drop down a few rows ? Do you ?

IMO - how can they drop the pitch? - The entrance/ tunnel for the away team coach goes under the Colin Bell stand and all the undersoil heating
pipes/ boilers etc. are there.?. - unless I am missing something.

Edit: If you watch Tunnel cam. City players come down stairs from the Main entrance level to be at the tunnel level.

It's not being dropped.

Blue Streak said:
I can't wait for this to be completed and we have our first 50k plus crowd since I think the 1981 QF against Everton? And bollocks to what people say? It will happen. As others have mentioned if we finally do something in Europe then the sky is the limit. I know we have to meet FFP but I would love to see what kind of a crowd City could attract for a 'big game' if the tickets were really cheap? It's frustrating as anyone with any sense is aware the fanbase is already in place across Greater Manchester, Lancashire, Yorkshire, Cumbria and probably other areas of the country but we do have a fanbase that sadly doesn't earn a lot of money.

The last official gate above 50K for a City home game was the 0-0 draw in the Manchester derby in October 1981: <a class="postlink" href="http://bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/History/Matches/Match.aspx?id=3437" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/History/Matc ... px?id=3437</a>

I say 'official' because anyone who was at the Charlton game in May 1985 knows that there were more than 50K in the ground that day even though the attendance figure was officially given as 47,285: <a class="postlink" href="http://bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/History/Matches/Match.aspx?id=3613" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/History/Matc ... px?id=3613</a>

The Liverpool v Everton League Cup final replay in March 1984 drew a gate of 52,089 (according to Wiki), which is the last time City's home ground officially had a gate in excess of 50K.

jrb said:
Did a quick update before the Swansea game. Will post the rest of the pictures on Monday night.

I think the word massive is quite apt for once. Imagine what it's going to look like with the exterior/cladding and roof in place.

Click to enlarge.(you'll have to excuse the disappearing cars and people)

[bigimg]http://i.imgur.com/j6wh2UA.jpg[/bigimg]

Great pic. Where can I get myself one of them short cars as the misses keeps denting mine when shes parking!!

Will the club be doing a full video or picture bio of the work from start to finish does anyone know?

Blue Streak said:
There was a lot more people in for that 81 qf againstveverton .the turnstyle lads were letting you in for a fiver to jump the turnstyle !

Blue Streak said:
You only have to see that more turned up to the Newcastle FL Cup early round game than they did for the first CL home game of the season against the team [Roma] directly in competition with us for that second place in the group to see what our fans are more interested in paying for games, even though the latter was a far bigger game (£15 compared to £35; a cup Soriano didn't even mention when he said "5 trophies in 5 years" compared to the biggest club competition in the world).

You'd think it would be the other way around.

kramer said:
Bluep*ss said:
mrtwiceaseason said:
We sit on row F if they drop the pitch by 4 feet it would make our view even better .BUT you don't think they would re letter the rows from the front and we all drop down a few rows ? Do you ?

IMO - how can they drop the pitch? - The entrance/ tunnel for the away team coach goes under the Colin Bell stand and all the undersoil heating

Edit: If you watch Tunnel cam. City players come down stairs from the Main entrance level to be at the tunnel level.

It's not being dropped.

i'm sure some of the other posters will be clued up on this but around 3 months ago it was announced in this thread that there going to drop a minimum of 36 inches, i'm 99% sure there was an official link to the statement, if i get time later i'l do a search for you

The playing surface is not going to be lowered. The planning drawings show this clearly. They show that the eyeline of someone sat in the new front row will be about 2 feet above pitch level. I sit in row C level 1 East Stand and the works to form the steps for the new seating appears to be finished with the exception of the aisles.

marco said:
kramer said:
Bluep*ss said:

It's not being dropped.

i'm sure some of the other posters will be clued up on this but around 3 months ago it was announced in this thread that there going to drop a minimum of 36 inches, i'm 99% sure there was an official link to the statement, if i get time later i'l do a search for you

mike3244 said:
The playing surface is not going to be lowered. The planning drawings show this clearly. They show that the eyeline of someone sat in the new front row will be about 2 feet above pitch level. I sit in row C level 1 East Stand and the works to form the steps for the new seating appears to be finished with the exception of the aisles.

marco said:
kramer said:
It's not being dropped.

so according to what your saying if the level of view is at two feet above pitch level when sat down then the electronic scoreboard will have to be removed as that will obstruct the line of vision, and there certainly wont be much of a concrete perimeter wall as like there is now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.