Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Threa

3rdgenerationblue said:
just realised that the extra 3 rows of seats are not going in front of the CB.
I guess it was not deemed a good idea to reduce width that side.

I'd guess it's more to do with the Champions League advertising hoardings.

The hoardings are larger than normal and I have always assumed that as a result we need to shut the first three rows of seating so fans can see the pitch. This currently means that we lose 3 rows worth of revenue (To three sides) of the ground when we play a home CL match.

By adding in three extra rows, specifically to account for the row closures during CL games we will, in the future, suffer no loss to our maximum capacity compared with what it is now.

The advertising hoardings are specifically placed for the view of the TV cameras. With most of the match being filmed from the Colin Bell stand, you cannot see the pitch facing hoardings on the CB side of the ground, therefore there are no larger hoardings to this side of the ground, and no requirement to close three rows, ergo no need to add three extra rows.

Perhaps someone more in the know could confirm.

pepsi_dave said:
3rdgenerationblue said:

The hoardings are larger than normal and I have always assumed that as a result we need to shut the first three rows of seating so fans can see the pitch. This currently means that we lose 3 rows worth of revenue (To three sides) of the ground when we play a home CL match.

By adding in three extra rows, specifically to account for the row closures during CL games we will, in the future, suffer no loss to our maximum capacity compared with what it is now.

The advertising hoardings are specifically placed for the view of the TV cameras. With most of the match being filmed from the Colin Bell stand, you cannot see the pitch facing hoardings on the CB side of the ground, therefore there are no larger hoardings to this side of the ground, and no requirement to close three rows, ergo no need to add three extra rows.

Good logic but not correct we are doing this stand next summer.

marco said:
i'm sure some of the other posters will be clued up on this but around 3 months ago it was announced in this thread that there going to drop a minimum of 36 inches, i'm 99% sure there was an official link to the statement, if i get time later i'l do a search for you

I thought it was being lowered by around 200mm but having had a trawl through, the only statement I can find is in the plan of works from 2013.
That states that pitch side facilities and run off areas will be moved/adjusted to accommodate the extra row of seats. There is nothing I can find anywhere to suggest they are going to lower the pitch.

I did however stumble across the below, which may help some people with where we are up to and what next. There really are a multitude of documents and details readily available for anyone who digs a little via public access routes, containing many images and info that have not been discussed on this thread (mainly because they are not very interesting but there are some nice snipets if you dig)

[bigimg]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff173/nixon_the_bike_thief/9043F7AB-C448-4946-B5E2-E66B956BEDE3.jpg[/bigimg]

worsleyweb said:
pepsi_dave said:
3rdgenerationblue said:

Good logic but not correct we are doing this stand next summer.

been told colin bell stand is staying as it is and other 3 stands are having the 3 additional rows Note on the video it doesn't show colin bell stand being upgraded and you can see only the other 3 stands are ino a few people who have been told the plans only 3 of the stands will be expanded due to players warming up on the colin bell stand infact the only part of that stand having additional seats is tier 3 same as the east stand this is to be able to connect all tier 3 up at a later date on the schedule it has lower terrace seating being completed in april time no comment or even mention to west stand atall so it is staying as it is for a number of reasons as I am aware

Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
marco said:
i'm sure some of the other posters will be clued up on this but around 3 months ago it was announced in this thread that there going to drop a minimum of 36 inches, i'm 99% sure there was an official link to the statement, if i get time later i'l do a search for you

I thought it was being lowered by around 200mm but having had a trawl through, the only statement I can find is in the plan of works from 2013.
That states that pitch side facilities and run off areas will be moved/adjusted to accommodate the extra row of seats. There is nothing I can find anywhere to suggest they are going to lower the pitch.

If they don't lower the pitch that's absolutely ridiculous. I was on row A recently in the south stand and even standing up could see sweet fuck all when the ball wasn't in the box in front of us.

3 rows further down, sitting down? lucky if you see the players heads. Not worth 50p never mind £50 for one of those seats.

marco said:

I did however stumble across the below, which may help some people with where we are up to and what next. There really are a multitude of documents and details readily available for anyone who digs a little via public access routes, containing many images and info that have not been discussed on this thread (mainly because they are not very interesting but there are some nice snipets if you dig)

[bigimg]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff173/nixon_the_bike_thief/9043F7AB-C448-4946-B5E2-E66B956BEDE3.jpg[/bigimg]

What i find worrying is there's no critical path on that programme?

ftg said:
marco said:

If they don't lower the pitch that's absolutely ridiculous. I was on row A recently in the south stand and even standing up could see sweet fuck all when the ball wasn't in the box in front of us.

3 rows further down, sitting down? lucky if you see the players heads. Not worth 50p never mind £50 for one of those seats.

Have you forgot that you will be able to rent periscopes

ftg said:

As everybody knows if it's impossible to see at the front then people will stand, which in turn,forces all of the bottom tier to stand.
I wonder if the club as been given the nod on the quiet about Safe Standing trials?

Surely they mean they will lower the level of the area surrounding the pitch, so that the people on the lower rows have an unobstructed view of the pitch itself ?

That's how it's done at places like the swamp, although the view from down there is not very good from what I can remember. Well any view is not very good anyway with those cunts in it.

Danamy said:
marco said:

What i find worrying is there's no critical path on that programme?

If you know enough to look for a critical path then you know enough about summary views and MSProject, therefore I aint biting ;o)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.