Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site (cont

Has anyone got any more info on Asda re-locating? If this is indeed happening, surely the only possible explanation is that we are buying the plot to build on? There's no way they would shut down a perfectly profitable store that is 10 years old to move two miles down the road unless there was a huge incentive to do so.

Why would anyone else pay over the odds for that plot? There's plenty of land to develop in the surrounding area for housing / commercial property or whatever. Surely the only party that would pay over the odds for that plot is us because it is potentially strategically so important to us if we do indeed end up developing a huge attraction on the collar site.

Be interested to know if GX could confirm / not deny? ;-)

Shaelumstash said:
Has anyone got any more info on Asda re-locating? If this is indeed happening, surely the only possible explanation is that we are buying the plot to build on? There's no way they would shut down a perfectly profitable store that is 10 years old to move two miles down the road unless there was a huge incentive to do so.

Why would anyone else pay over the odds for that plot? There's plenty of land to develop in the surrounding area for housing / commercial property or whatever. Surely the only party that would pay over the odds for that plot is us because it is potentially strategically so important to us if we do indeed end up developing a huge attraction on the collar site.

I'm led to believe that the footfall through the store isn't what they originally planned for so it's actually not that profitable for them. Was there not some big housing estate planned which got cancelled?
Why do you claim that we're paying over the odds for the site twice? Are you ITK?

ColinLee said:
Shaelumstash said:

I'm led to believe that the footfall through the store isn't what they originally planned for so it's actually not that profitable for them. Was there not some big housing estate planned which got cancelled?
Why do you claim that we're paying over the odds for the site twice? Are you ITK?

Not ITK at all on this mate, I just assumed that if Asda were going to move out of a plot they'd only been in for 10 years that there must be a big incentive for them to do so (i.e. us paying over the odds).

Perhaps we're not buying the plot, and Asda are simply relocating for the reasons you suggested. But it would seem a strange co-incidence that us buying that plot has been mentioned over the last 3 years on here, we have just started expanding the stadium, almost finished the academy, and now the plot next to the collar site where we plan to develop next has just become available.

Shaelumstash said:

Eddie Phillips is buying the Asda to sell knock off City merchandise on a 'massive' scale.

Shaelumstash said:
ColinLee said:
Shaelumstash said:

Not ITK at all on this mate, I just assumed that if Asda were going to move out of a plot they'd only been in for 10 years that there must be a big incentive for them to do so (i.e. us paying over the odds).

Perhaps we're not buying the plot, and Asda are simply relocating for the reasons you suggested. But it would seem a strange co-incidence that us buying that plot has been mentioned over the last 3 years on here, we have just started expanding the stadium, almost finished the academy, and now the plot next to the collar site where we plan to develop next has just become available.
Actually I'm sure I saw somewhere on this thread awhile back that the council still owns the land the Asda is on? Although I may have imagined that bit.

ColinLee said:
Shaelumstash said:
ColinLee said:

Actually I'm sure I saw somewhere on this thread awhile back that the council still owns the land the Asda is on? Although I may have imagined that bit.

Yeh that might well be the case mate, but obviously Asda re-locating is the intriguing thing.

ColinLee said:
Shaelumstash said:
ColinLee said:

Wasn't that site / building erected for the Commonwealth games - can't remember what sports they hosted there - but it would make sense that the Council still owns the site.

ColinLee said:
Shaelumstash said:

Originally City site and up the road towards Ashton was to be thousands of new homes, Asda would almost be a local shop. City going in probably screwed them over a bit

ColinLee said:
Shaelumstash said:

Th housing development was due to be buelt in the land that now houses the CFA.

City bought it off Redrow Homes through Brookshaw Developments i think. The owner of Redrow, Steve Morgan wasnt happy when he found out who had actually bought it

fbloke said:
ColinLee said:
Shaelumstash said:

Th housing development was due to be buelt in the land that now houses the CFA.

City bought it off Redrow Homes through Brookshaw Developments i think. The owner of Redrow, Steve Morgan wasnt happy when he found out who had actually bought it

Morgan the Liverpool fan who has screwed over Wolves!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.