Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Bluep*ss said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
We are in negotiations to buy City Tower in the centre of Piccadilly for around £100m.

Some people flew in with an Etihad delegation last week.

Help! - many years since I worked in centre of Manc. - Is City Tower the tall office block towering above Piccadilly Hotel as it was called - Then?- . You used to drive up to the entrance of the hotel , from a street at the back ,up a spiral concrete slope to 1st floor??.

It used to be called Sunley Tower

SiWatts90 said:
Could be Etihads new UK base? If they get there way they will be putting a lot of money into Manchester airport over the next 20 years so it is feasible, would be nice for them to play City videos on the side of the building everyday as well!

Everywhere you go in Barcelona it's FC Barca everywhere, didn't see one Espanyol related thing. Imagine if we had massive videos of City in the city centre, city adverts on the screen in Piccadilly gardens, the triangle etc. Visitors to Manchester would get the impression then theres only one team in Manchester and would want to tour our stadium like people do Barca's

fbloke said:
Bluep*ss said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
We are in negotiations to buy City Tower in the centre of Piccadilly for around £100m.

Help! - many years since I worked in centre of Manc. - Is City Tower the tall office block towering above Piccadilly Hotel as it was called - Then?- . You used to drive up to the entrance of the hotel , from a street at the back ,up a spiral concrete slope to 1st floor??.

It used to be called Sunley Tower
Thanks fbloke<br /><br />-- Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:54 pm --<br /><br />
CitizenTID said:
SiWatts90 said:
Could be Etihads new UK base? If they get there way they will be putting a lot of money into Manchester airport over the next 20 years so it is feasible, would be nice for them to play City videos on the side of the building everyday as well!

Everywhere you go in Barcelona it's FC Barca everywhere, didn't see one Espanyol related thing. Imagine if we had massive videos of City in the city centre, city adverts on the screen in Piccadilly gardens, the triangle etc. Visitors to Manchester would get the impression then theres only one team in Manchester and would want to tour our stadium like people do Barca's
I get your point - so visitors would be surprised to learn that there is - ONLY one team in Manc. - CITY!!.
Luv it.

fbloke said:
MCFC, CFG or indeed an AD related business buying that property makes no sense unless there is a larger deal in the offing.

The plans I was told about for the wider campus site include hundreds of thousands of square meters of office space as well as hotel rooms so this would be in competition with that surely?

Spitballing an idea here - MCFC buy City Tower and swap it for other MCC owned land/property adjacent (or more suitably situated) to the Campus?

Bringing in and spinning off land and property via the JV *could* make sense for tax/p and l reasons I suppose.

I guess if you are confident about the long term vision and prosperity of the city it makes sense to buy up the premium office space in advance - before rental costs start to increase. £100m for 225,000 sq ft is a bargain.

Bluep*ss said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

This is it :-

245ek4l.jpg

This is a deal breaker

jz9xdu.png

CitizenTID said:
SiWatts90 said:

There is only ONE team in Manchester

I wonder if it will be renamed The Manchester City Tower and have a huge club badge stuck on it. Be quite striking that, right in the city centre where everyone can see it.

BrianW said:
I wonder if it will be renamed The Manchester City Tower and have a huge club badge stuck on it. Be quite striking that, right in the city centre where everyone can see it.

Perhaps the City Group Tower?

BrianW said:
Daft rag twats would be trying to throw paint bombs at it, they can't help themselves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.