Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Mr fbloke knows something big off the pitch is going to happen...hes holding back tho!!!

tolmie's hairdoo said:
We are in negotiations to buy City Tower in the centre of Piccadilly for around £100m.

Some people flew in with an Etihad delegation last week.
That was in MEN Business last week, But no suggestion it related to MCFC

Picture update today. Training Academy and South Stand expansion.

It's looking beautiful. :-)

Only 1 downside. Used up all my camera battery up in Manchester city centre today. Construction updates for SSC. So had to use my mobile phone camera. Pictures won't be as good quality wise, but they won't be that bad either.

Will upload the pictures later on tonight. Keep checking back. ;-)

Great news about the expansion of both stands. 60k!

Does City Tower have listed status or could we see the pig ugly monstrosity knocked down and replaced with something prettier?

City website now reporting that expansion of the South Stand to begin straight away to take capacity up to 54,000

Expansion should be complete by start of 2015\2016 season I believe

jrb said:
Picture update today. Training Academy and South Stand expansion.

It's looking beautiful. :-)

Only 1 downside. Used up all my camera battery up in Manchester city centre today. Construction updates for SSC. So had to use my mobile phone camera. Pictures won't be as good quality wise, but they won't be that bad either.

Will upload the pictures later on tonight. Keep checking back. ;-)

Great news about the expansion of both stands. 60k!

So City are second best.....get your priorities right jrb !-)

The first phase of construction will see the South Stand expanded by around 6000 seats, increasing stadium capacity from 48 000 to 54 000. The development of the North Stand is the second and later phase of construction, eventually taking the stadium to a capacity of 60 000.
The announcement is vague about the timing of the 2nd phase. Does it follow on immediately, or is that yet to be determined.

There's also no reference to the pitch-side changes which were supposed to take the capacity to 62k. Are they still going ahead? If so, when?

Marvin said:
The first phase of construction will see the South Stand expanded by around 6000 seats, increasing stadium capacity from 48 000 to 54 000. The development of the North Stand is the second and later phase of construction, eventually taking the stadium to a capacity of 60 000.
The announcement is vague about the timing of the 2nd phase. Does it follow on immediately, or is that yet to be determined.

There's also no reference to the pitch-side changes which were supposed to take the capacity to 62k. Are they still going ahead? If so, when?

Given they've said that capacity won't be reduced at any stage, I guess that can be done over a summer. That being the case, then why not do that in time for next season?

Chancy Termites said:
Marvin said:

Given they've said that capacity won't be reduced at any stage, I guess that can be done over a summer. That being the case, then why not do that in time for next season?

Work will begin straight after season finishes.

Marvin said:

I think it's being deliberately vague because the timing hasn't yet been decided (maybe awaiting Sheikh Mansour's sign off?).
Interestingly I've seen references to the waiting list nearly being up to capacity so I'm guessing it will be sooner rather than later.
I've not seen anything regarding the pitch-side seats. Maybe they will be the last phase?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.