Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

I wonder if there's going to be a roof on the South Stand next season? At some oint it will have to come off. The terracing for the 3rd tier could effectively act as a roof for tier 2

Marvin said:
I wonder if there's going to be a roof on the South Stand next season? At some oint it will have to come off. The terracing for the 3rd tier could effectively act as a roof for tier 2

I pretty sure the new roof is to be built over the top of the current roof before taking the current roof off in close season, but that's just something I have a vague memory of reading somewhere when planning was approved.

mancity dan said:
Chancy Termites said:
Marvin said:
The announcement is vague about the timing of the 2nd phase. Does it follow on immediately, or is that yet to be determined.

There's also no reference to the pitch-side changes which were supposed to take the capacity to 62k. Are they still going ahead? If so, when?

Given they've said that capacity won't be reduced at any stage, I guess that can be done over a summer. That being the case, then why not do that in time for next season?

Work will begin straight after season finishes.

So 2,000 more seats at the start of next season? I'm presuming that they're levelling out the angle that the existing rows drop at, rather than just digging down at the front but if it's the second, then I guess it could be done mid-season.<br /><br />-- Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:06 pm --<br /><br />
blueparrot said:
Marvin said:

I pretty sure the new roof is to be built over the top of the current roof before taking the current roof off in close season, but that's just something I have a vague memory of reading somewhere when planning was approved.

Doesn't the ring in the middle stay where it is, but the back of the roof is lifted up?

The club have announced that they are to increase both ends of the 47,670-capacity arena by 6,250

Work to expand the capacity of the Etihad Stadium to 60,000 is to start imminently, Manchester City have announced.

The club are to increase both ends of the 47,670-capacity arena by 6,250.

The first phase of construction will see the South Stand expanded by around 6000 seats, increasing stadium capacity from 48 000 to 54 000.

The development of the North Stand is the second and later phase of construction, eventually taking the stadium to a capacity of around 60,000.

Engineering company Laing O’Rourke has been selected as the construction partner for the expansion.

Tom Glick, chief commercial officer for Manchester City said: “The expansion of the stadium is a hugely significant moment for City.

"We are delighted to announce Laing O’Rourke as a partner as we embark on this historic project.

"Manchester City Football Club strives to provide its supporters and visiting fans with one of the best possible matchday experiences in the Premier League and European football.

"The success of this is demonstrated by games being sold out and rising demand from supporters for more season tickets, matchday tickets and premium seating.

"Expanding the stadium allows us to grow that offering as we constantly work towards excellence for every supporter that visits the Etihad Stadium.”

Chancy Termites said:
Does City Tower have listed status or could we see the pig ugly monstrosity knocked down and replaced with something prettier?

Its not listed but it does form part of a larger, inter-dependant set of buildings that mean it cant be knocked down on its own I think.

City Today covering the ground expansion on Tuesday.

Hopefully they can clarify a couple of doubts following on from today's announcements;

1) Timing of North Stand construction - it does sound more positive on this front now. It's going to happen. When not If

2) The eventual capacity. 60k has been mentioned today, yet 62k was mentioned before

Marvin said:

Hopefully they can clarify a couple of doubts following on from today's announcements;

1) Timing of North Stand construction - it does sound more positive on this front now. It's going to happen. When not If

2) The eventual capacity. 60k has been mentioned today, yet 62k was mentioned before

yeah, the post above doesn't include the rumoured dig down does it, purely focuses on the tier 3 increases.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Marvin said:

yeah, the post above doesn't include the rumoured dig down does it, purely focuses on the tier 3 increases.
Perhaps that's a separate contract....but then why quote 60k. Needs clarifying. has this option been dropped?

Are we finally going to see the club name and/or sponsors on the seats..?

This link from Disco steve on page 77, of this thread gives a good schedule of the works. Existing roof coverings are removed in phase 5 final close season Additional rows seem to be at the end of phase 4. Some other links around these pages as well.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.publicaccess.manchester.gov.uk/associateddocs/selecteddoc.aspx?104315-ssi-0004.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.publicaccess.manchester.gov. ... i-0004.pdf</a>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.