Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

GXCity said:
Mancini Manus Domini said:
GXCity said:
All The Campus's energy requirements will be met by the club using various forms of technology although PV was shelved a while back. There is already a partnership in place for this going forward with a leading player in the industry.

There are no plans to use shale gas and I doubt there ever will be
Thanks GX City.

I seem to recall the energy generation from the initial wind turbine idea was also going to provide power for local communities. Whatever is now in the pipeline is it just going to meet the needs of the campus or do we intend to generate any more, and sell it on?

The energy profile of a site such as ours will obviously have peaks and troughs throughout the day. The plan is to export any excess electricity and either recieve payment our supply the local community with discounted energy. I would imagine that FFP will dictate and we will simply sell to the highest payer. Thermal energy will be utilised on site and there are plans to ultimately link in to the City Centre district heating scheme in the future. Again this will enable us to create a further revenue stream.

Any idea why the solar panels were scrapped GX ?

GXCity said:
GXCity said:
All The Campus's energy requirements will be met by the club using various forms of technology although PV was shelved a while back. There is already a partnership in place for this going forward with a leading player in the industry.

There are no plans to use shale gas and I doubt there ever will be
Thanks GX City.

I seem to recall the energy generation from the initial wind turbine idea was also going to provide power for local communities. Whatever is now in the pipeline is it just going to meet the needs of the campus or do we intend to generate any more, and sell it on?

The energy profile of a site such as ours will obviously have peaks and troughs throughout the day. The plan is to export any excess electricity and either recieve payment our supply the local community with discounted energy. I would imagine that FFP will dictate and we will simply sell to the highest payer. Thermal energy will be utilised on site and there are plans to ultimately link in to the City Centre district heating scheme in the future. Again this will enable us to create a further revenue stream.
No Wind Turbines. City selling electricity to Man Utd and their fans. We can have a special tariff for them.

GXCity said:
Thanks GX City.

All interesting stuff. I just think with so much land to play with in the area we should be doing something to generate excess energy. The rewards will be great.

You don't set out to purposely generate excess energy just simply to satisfy your own requirements. It all depends on the market conditions. It may be more beneficial to scale down the generation during periods of low demand. The financial benifits are not really significant unless you are a major generator. In certain situations it could actually end up costing you to export the electricity.

-- Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:19 pm --

kippaxblue76 said:
GXCity said:
Thanks GX City.

Any idea why the solar panels were scrapped GX ?

The capital investment payback ratio. You are looking at 20 year plus payback for PV. Other technologies are 3 - 7 years.

GXCity said:
The energy profile of a site such as ours will obviously have peaks and troughs throughout the day. The plan is to export any excess electricity and either recieve payment our supply the local community

is this via the feed in tariff (FIT)?

ps you were right about the panning app being plain sailing ;-)

reading a few posts back are city buying city towers from bruntwood?

And will we be playing under a reduced capacity with the new stadium work??

Young_TomO said:

Rumors that interest has been expressed to the owners, Bruntwood, for the purchase of the building and that a delegation from an Arab state were in Manchester recently and attended the Derby Then its 2+2 =5 with respect to it being connected to City

No should be very little disruption during construction and capacity will be unaffected

kramer said:
Young_TomO said:

Rumors that interest has been expressed to the owners, Bruntwood, for the purchase of the building and that a delegation from an Arab state were in Manchester recently and attended the Derby Then its 2+2 =5 with respect to it being connected to City

No should be very little disruption during construction and capacity will be unaffected

ah ok, be very interesting how there going to manage the extension with allowing people into that side of the ground

I am a rare visitor to this thread, so forgive me if what I am about to post also appears in several places in the preceding 249 pages.

In the 'discuss Pellegrini' thread there is some debate about differing business models for clubs who are challenging the established European elite - us, Chelsea, PSG. One of the differences to my mind between us and Chelsea/PSG to my mind is that our strategy is far more likely to be sustainable in the long term - that is precisely what the 'holistic' vision is, as I understand it, intended to achieve.

I usually park on Ashton New Road for home games, so every time I come to a game there is a visible sign of the sustainable future we are creating. The Minihad looks like it is an impressive stadium in its own right - imagine what Oldham or Macc would give to play in a stadium like that - and the development is taking shape nicely.

It is a fantastic thing that is being done. I can't see how PSG and Chelsea will sustain their success in the long term with out ongoing investment from a sugar daddy. It is easy to see how our long term success can be sustained when you see the care and investment that is being put in -quite literally - at grass roots level. Long may it continue.

Young_TomO said:
kramer said:
Young_TomO said:

ah ok, be very interesting how there going to manage the extension with allowing people into that side of the ground

Its in here https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23674406/Etihad Expansion Logistics1.pdf

kramer said:
Young_TomO said:
kramer said:

Its in here https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23674406/Etihad Expansion Logistics1.pdf

cheers will have a look

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.