Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Sadly, as part of my job, I occasionally have to visit the swamp on non-match days. It's always a hive of activity with many of the boxes and restaurants booked out for corporate events and meetings. It's a good source of income that doesn't impact on the match-going fan. If that could be replicated at the Etihad, that would be a great use of space.

Sadly, as part of my job, I occasionally have to visit the swamp on non-match days. It's always a hive of activity with many of the boxes and restaurants booked out for corporate events and meetings. It's a good source of income that doesn't impact on the match-going fan. If that could be replicated at the Etihad, that would be a great use of space.

I know a couple of the local Greater Manchester schools have used the 93:20 to host their conferences so it is a way forward potentially to making more money that way. I do think if City want to explore having lots of conferences and corporate events, then perhaps a hotel would benefit?? I know Hotel Football at the swamp is highly recommended and seems to be doing very well at the moment, they even had investors for that hotel from Singapore I seem to remember, so there are lots of financial possibilities if the club wanted to go for this route. It'll be interesting to see.

Still no word on the North Stand expansion either, I was told they are waiting on Spurs ground first to explore a one tier stand & I did hear City were exploring safe standing for the North Stand too but I did ask the tour guide about this and he said they still are no closer to that happening just yet.

**** it.

I think they should completely knock down the North Stand and build a huge one tier stand like at Dortmund.

Call it The Kippax.

It would have a huge impact on the atmosphere, especially if safe standing was introduced in light of potential government law changes.

Family Stand in the northern half of CB tiers 1 & 2.

C9OgGF9XUAMzpp-.jpg

0000141904.jpg

Reactions: Itd
Yourwelcome to sit with me in SS3 and leave at the final whistle,walk over to that estate by the Old Rd where I park at my Aunts house and then proceed to sit in my car for anything up to 2 hrs as we trundle slowly down the Old Rd,along The Mancunian Way, Regents Rd and finally reach some kind of sanity on the M62 towards Warrington to try and get a feel for why people moan about getting away from the stadium...... I'll drop you at Warrington Central Station, you can make yer own way back...
Do similar journey. Ancoats, Trinity Way, turn right at Renault dealer, Adelphi Street, through Salford by the university, turn at McDonald's, join start of M602. Much better.
Only got another 100 miles after that.

The owners would've certainly missed a trick if they don't consider doing this, there's more than enough spaces for corporate so it'd be nice to give something back to the "Old Skool" fans, along with calling it the Kippax it would also help improve the atmosphere, it's a no brainer.
It may not be possible, or too costly, with the original design of the stadium (I'm no architect), and/or might also require the closing of the north stand for 12-18 months whilst its built, and therefore reduced attendances/revenue, and some unhappy fans who would have to give up their season tickets for that period.

The owners would've certainly missed a trick if they don't consider doing this, there's more than enough spaces for corporate so it'd be nice to give something back to the "Old Skool" fans, along with calling it the Kippax it would also help improve the atmosphere, it's a no brainer.
Yes,100%.

If we have the odd less than spectacular attendance for a couple of years then so what? In the not too distant......the demand will make it entirely worthwhile,plus it looks fantastic and will create an enviable intimidation for the opposition.

It may not be possible, or too costly, with the original design of the stadium (I'm no architect), and/or might also require the closing of the north stand for 12-18 months whilst its built, and therefore reduced attendances/revenue, and some unhappy fans who would have to give up their season tickets for that period.

There’s enough seats in the stadium for every season ticket holder in the Family Stand to have a different seat. It would just mean barely any individual match ticket sales for a period of time.

I guess if it did end up being built from the ground up they could open lower rows up as development progressed. I remember they did that with the new Kippax. You’d end up getting pissed wet through for a time though!

Club are telling people on the tour a ‘Dortmund style wall’ is now on the radar.

14:30

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.