Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

53_C73_A81_8_AE1_4800_A12_C_4_DDE1966_CC3_D.jpg

EAE69840_21_D1_4_FB8_A8_E5_1_D38_AC9_F51_F3.jpg

C933_D9_FE_6641_4_BE4_814_D_8_B455_C399_FD2.jpg
Where's that from?

Are these not pictures from years ago before even the SS was extended?

I think the clue is the scarf colours.

Yeah I think those models/photos are from when the original planning permission went in, before even SS level 3 was built. Wasn't there a mobile unit outside the stadium where people could go and view the plans etc as part of the public consultation? Don't think they are new pictures.

4 screen grabs from the video.

3672_B925-93_EB-476_E-8_BFB-63_B072133_FB0.jpg

9_C595_E38-_E02_A-4_FF5-8_E26-_C345_DD2392_A4.jpg

AE606_EA8-42_DA-46_AA-9_B4_C-2414_A2_BF058_D.jpg

BA7385_A8-88_A1-4_C24-8_B32-_B88191_E4014_D.jpg
It’s a shame that the students accommodation is not on the sports campus as it’s developments like that that will ensure a 24x7 footfall that will attract bars, hotels etc. I’m still not clear how that is going to be achieved.

They are older pictures yes, just thought I’d move the discussion on to the stadium rather than seat counting.... :)

AE49_AC90-_C555-443_E-94_C0-692_BA0_BD9500.png

A9645754-087_C-4455-8_CCC-2_E4862093088.jpg

Sides done

0_D9_D1_DF8-695_D-406_B-_BF7_A-794_DB531291_F.jpg

(Pics not made by me)

They would need to renew repair the Ardwick viaduct to do this. But its a great idea

Then just the small matter of Northern having rolling stock, drivers that are both route and rolling stock trained, a working timetable, no strikes and ..........

But on a serious note this line is used regularly every day for freight and empty coaching stock movements. The problem is they have to go in to Ashburys and reverse out if coming from Piccadilly. But Victoria could be a possibility. It currently takes a Northern empty coaching stock movement about 10 minutes from Victoria to Philips Park South Junction without a stop at Brewery Junction. So add another couple of minutes to get to the stadium station so to speak.

When I was on the stadium tour at the end of July, the tour guide did mention the north stand expansion and a possible one tier stand. He said City are looking at the impact of Spurs doing their one tier stand and if i'm honest, I think it looks amazing!! It'll be interesting to see how good the atmosphere will be in there and surely if it improves their atmosphere (a lot of new stadiums struggle with atmosphere too) then City will surely look at the possibility of doing that with the North Stand?

The tour guide did also mention MMU and their new building, he said City only get something like 43 days of usage out of the stadium and with 365 days in a year which leaves 322 days with the stadium not in use, so City were looking at using/renting their offices in the stadium and using them for conferences and also going into partnership with MMU and using them as classrooms/lecture theatres. He did mention the wasteland being built as a potential hotel too. I explain in my video that I did covering the tour at 14 mins onwards about the area next to the stadium.

When I was on the stadium tour at the end of July, the tour guide did mention the north stand expansion and a possible one tier stand. He said City are looking at the impact of Spurs doing their one tier stand and if i'm honest, I think it looks amazing!! It'll be interesting to see how good the atmosphere will be in there and surely if it improves their atmosphere (a lot of new stadiums struggle with atmosphere too) then City will surely look at the possibility of doing that with the North Stand?

The tour guide did also mention MMU and their new building, he said City only get something like 43 days of usage out of the stadium and with 365 days in a year which leaves 322 days with the stadium not in use, so City were looking at using/renting their offices in the stadium and using them for conferences and also going into partnership with MMU and using them as classrooms/lecture theatres. He did mention the wasteland being built as a potential hotel too. I explain in my video that I did covering the tour at 14 mins onwards about the area next to the stadium.

Don’t think there are any offices in he stadium any more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.