Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I`d make it compulsory to buy a season ticket for that stand if you have to go for a piss more than once during the match. I`m fed up of 2 piss artists on my row who must each go 5 times a game.

At the Fulham game, 2 went to md's at half time. I hope it could happen, but no news at the moment. I have a contact on the council and he has heard nothing.

Yes, I can imagine whingeing, moaning, too many queues, can't get in, can't get out, can't get a coffee. Easy to imagine....-)
Imagine there's no showsec
It's easy if you try
No Queues halftime for burgers
And shite beer that we decry
Imagine all the leavers, staying till full time, woo-hoo.

You may say that I'm a moaner, but I'm not the only one. One day Mansour will leave us, then we'll be in division one : (

Yes but the cable holding the roof up was already there, building a single tier north stand may possibly interfere with it, I know people say the whole roof is in a poor state, and will need replacing, so maybe the optimum time is when that happens.

I'm sure they will want to add to the lower tier, rather than completely rebuild, but H&S may not allow that, without significant reductions ?

I doubt that the roof is in a "poor state" its only 16 years or so old

So a new roof what are the consequences?

The stadium would need to be closed for at least a season, just removing the existing one would take months, certainly more than a close-season Then theres the construction of the new roof. The current cable-net roof is a relative lightweight construction and so the foundations of the bowl will have been designed to suit. A new roof would necessitate the construction of supporting structure probably the removal of the spirals, unless these were to be incorporated inside the new structure so a massive undertaking and personally something I doubt will ever happen, more likely a new stadium would be more cost efficient and better all round

Imagine there's no showsec
It's easy if you try
No Queues halftime for burgers
And shite beer that we decry
Imagine all the leavers, staying till full time, woo-hoo.

You may say that I'm a moaner, but I'm not the only one. One day Mansour will leave us, then we'll be in division one : (

Words; words come easy

I doubt that the roof is in a "poor state" its only 16 years or so old

So a new roof what are the consequences?

The stadium would need to be closed for at least a season, just removing the existing one would take months, certainly more than a close-season Then theres the construction of the new roof. The current cable-net roof is a relative lightweight construction and so the foundations of the bowl will have been designed to suit. A new roof would necessitate the construction of supporting structure probably the removal of the spirals, unless these were to be incorporated inside the new structure so a massive undertaking and personally something I doubt will ever happen, more likely a new stadium would be more cost efficient and better all round

This is a bit OTT, mate.

The South Stand and likely North Stand will have completely new roofs already.

If anything needed to be done to the CB or East Stand short term it would likely just be basic repair work or in a worst case scenario they would just replace the panels/sections of the roof bit by bit.

A completely new roof with new supports etc would only be needed if the Stands were to be expanded.

This is a bit OTT, mate.

The South Stand and likely North Stand will have completely new roofs already.

If anything needed to be done to the CB or East Stand short term it would likely just be basic repair work or in a worst case scenario they would just replace the panels/sections of the roof bit by bit.

A completely new roof with new supports etc would only be needed if the Stands were to be expanded.

Im talking about a completely new roof without the cable net

Basic maintenance on the existing roof is ongoing doubt it really needs that much being so young

We're absolutely not going to build a new stadium, can't ever see us moving now (well not in my lifetime!) with the Campus directly opposite, it's no coincidence the campus and academy stadium was built opposite the ground, it's an aspirational thing for the youth so they can physically see the progression to the "big stadium".

We do have the issues with the cable roof and is why South Stand was built in such a way, am I right in thinking that roof is now not reliant on the cable and is self supporting?

If so I imagine we will do a similar kind of expansion with North stand, or as ManCityX says a completely new stand but still within the cable-net structure, and eventually do some work on the CB and East stands and get rid of the cable roof completely, but it will be done over time.

What that means for a "Dortmund wall" I'm not sure, I just think we're stuck with the cable roof for time being, certainly until after North stand expansion.

So here's a thought, if we can't have a "Dortmund wall" behind the net, lets do it to the East Stand when the three other sides aren't reliant on the cable roof, and do a proper Kippax, it was alongside the pitch after all not behind a net!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.