Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Here we go…

Cheers Rammy! :-)

North stand expansion. Needs it’s own thread.

CDAA3C7E-A6E9-4C40-AE2B-0D436156B2BC.jpeg

We knew it was coming but it’s still very exciting news. It will be great to have thousands more jobs in the area and a 60k stadium. We could probably sell 60k seats now if people had more chance to sit in groups of friends and family.

I don’t care too much about a hotel but it will be good to see more of the plans for a year round destination.

Sounds like some Metrolink improvements mooted on here are happening, althiugh the transport links are unlikely to be great any time soon. Most of us can handle the walk into town or to cara parked a fair distance away.

I think improving the atmosphere (I know there’s another thread on that) needs to be in the planning now and hopefully fans groups will work together on this.maybe blocks fir Supoorterrs Clubs in the New Stand could be an option to boost the good work of 1894.

Metrolink is shut 2024-2026 (at the earliest) and local parking plan means improved transport is a comfy pair of walking boots.

Always find it odd that these announcements focus on links to the cty centre, from what I see nuch of our support goes north south and east after the matches so improving those links would surely help the net carbon more?
Exactly. A 12 lane expressway linking the Etihad to the M60 is all that is required. Simples.

The feasibility studies will consider several connected elements, central to which is an expanded North Stand, which would increase the capacity of the Etihad Stadium to over 60,000.

Alongside this, the study will assess the feasibility of an expanded and covered ‘City Square’ fan zone with food and drink outlets, a new club shop, museum and workspace, together with an onsite hotel.

The feasibility studies will consider several connected elements, central to which is an expanded North Stand, which would increase the capacity of the Etihad Stadium to over 60,000.

Alongside this, the study will assess the feasibility of an expanded and covered ‘City Square’ fan zone with food and drink outlets, a new club shop, museum and workspace, together with an onsite hotel.

The potential increase in Etihad Stadium capacity for the North Stand is within the 2014 approval for the South Stand expansion. Recent transport modelling for Co-op Live and the resulting local traffic and transport measures also included this maximum capacity.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.