Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Do you mean to say there isn't going to be a Rovers Return selling a pint of mild with a barmaid who always knows your name, catering selling your favourite pie (and none of this vegetarian muck), an endless fleet of trams without any queues, and an atmosphere ripped from a South American derby that only songs the right songs at the right tempo that you personally don't have to participate in?!?!
I think I'll email them as I can't see any mention of the log flume ride back into town.

Everything else looks like they did actually lift it from here, either that or we really do have ITK's ;)

How long do these kind of things normally take before we start to see some concrete plans of what will be happening? I presume the fan consultation piece is more of a box ticking exercise and they realistically already know what they are going to do.

A large covered and heated City Square/fanzone where people can stand and sit down to drink is essential, especially on winter days like this. With a retractable roof for the Spring and Summer months when the weather is good.
I think you're pushing it with the retractable roof TBH. The rest would be fantastic.

It doesn’t actually give much away.

this on transport:
Proposals should offer a choice of mobility, with pedestrian and cycle provision as a priority, through the creation of excellent pedestrian and cycling connections and associated cycling amenities.
• Maintain the existing car parking provision and delivery of existing transport plans including agreed measures to protect residential amenity.

what are the existing transport plans?
A bridge over Alan Turing Way and one over Joe Mercer Way would be a start to get back to my car, oh and being able to get out of SS3 as I stay to the end would help too.

"The potential increase in Etihad Stadium capacity for the North Stand is within the 2014 approval for the South Stand expansion. "

Off hand, can anyone remember if that included different options for the number of tiers or is it looking like a mirrored SS design after all?

What is the point of an increased capacity with the current state of the transport infrastructure?

The stadium access for both private and public transport should be the first priority, it is currently very poor.

"The potential increase in Etihad Stadium capacity for the North Stand is within the 2014 approval for the South Stand expansion. "

Off hand, can anyone remember if that included different options for the number of tiers or is it looking like a mirrored SS design after all?

It didn't explore different options no, it was a detailed design mirroring the SS.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.