Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I doubt that the roof is in a "poor state" its only 16 years or so old
I've no idea, but others have said this on this thread, I assume they know more than I do, its been discussed that there is rotten wood in it, no idea if its true or where.

So a new roof what are the consequences?

The stadium would need to be closed for at least a season, just removing the existing one would take months, certainly more than a close-season Then theres the construction of the new roof. The current cable-net roof is a relative lightweight construction and so the foundations of the bowl will have been designed to suit. A new roof would necessitate the construction of supporting structure probably the removal of the spirals, unless these were to be incorporated inside the new structure so a massive undertaking and personally something I doubt will ever happen, more likely a new stadium would be more cost efficient and better all round
The south stand roof was built above the old one, and the cable net, without any need to close the stadium, and if the north stand extension is built, it will be also, that would leave the east and west stand roofs to be done, and I can't see any reason why it couldn't be done in a similar way. The removal of the current structures thereafter could be done in the close season.

Will it be expensive ? Of course, but would it be better building a whole new stadium, I'm not so sure, but I'm sure the owner looked at this before deciding to extend.

I've no idea, but others have said this on this thread, I assume they know more than I do, its been discussed that there is rotten wood in it, no idea if its true or where.

The south stand roof was built above the old one, and the cable net, without any need to close the stadium, and if the north stand extension is built, it will be also, that would leave the east and west stand roofs to be done, and I can't see any reason why it couldn't be done in a similar way. The removal of the current structures thereafter could be done in the close season.

Will it be expensive ? Of course, but would it be better building a whole new stadium, I'm not so sure, but I'm sure the owner looked at this before deciding to extend.

Agree about South Stand expansion and the roof When it comes to the E&W stands roof this would be a totally different prospect that the N&S with the spirals being a major consideration together with the height that the new roof would have to be then the connection to the other stands.

My point was that some on here, not you sir, are a little naive when it comes to the topic of the "new roof"

BTW I doubt that there is any wood that is structural in the existing roof

I sit in the South stand with the "new roof" and I can assure you that it leaks like hell when it rains !
I watched a few Champions League games from the North stand and it was worse !!

Horrible, the charge for so few exits would start about 50 minutes in.

It's bad enough now with the third tier of the South Stand, never mind something so much bigger in size and people having to descend 20 rows to move freely.

How do you know how many exits it would have? :)

The problem with the third tiers is that the exists are at the bottom so if you’re at the top you have to wait for everyone at the bottom to go first.

I think Yellow Wall at Dortmund has more exits than the entire South Stand! lol

8-A944-E6-F-060-F-4-B53-9695-F7-E2218-AC4-FB.jpg

B9-FD1-A18-DE98-4-C67-9741-08738-C5351-F2.jpg

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.