Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I don't get this "blue wall/improved atmosphere" notion.
I can't see anyone currently located either side of the away fans in what are great areas,wanting to move away from the action those areas provide to be in the opposite end of the ground, regardless of whether the club do it as a single tier, or safe standing upper tier. Fans will only move if the new seats are discounted - but no guarantee that all fans that move will be vociferous during games.
If anyone currently in the south stand is considering moving get in touch. Have 3 tickets in level 1 family stand right behind the goal, and my lads (now 15 & 18) would love to relocate to the south stand "where the action is". Its only coz I pay for all 3 bloody tickets that we are staying put as its cheaper.
Large home end with affordable tickets, call it the kippax course we’d fill it with singers.

We could easily have two singing ends. Lots of clubs do - arsenal and Chelsea for example

PoD -
You make a good point.

I think it would be possible to reposition the L2 boxes to the back of L1 and using part of the rear concourse the for kitchens etc.

Access & egress for L1 seats could be from the front/ sides ?

The boxes still have a 'premium

elevated position ' at the potential loss of a 1000 seats.

Man has walked on the man so......
Can someone produce a schematic image of this layout ??

Found this on another forum

Thanks you Rover 030SSC

He is talking about about another staduim but explains how it effects staduim design

In red you see the current upper tier extended forward to cover the entire middle tier, which is removed and replaced by an extended lower tier that still has a good clearance from the upper tier, so not that strong of a letterbox effect.

The blue lower tier and extension of the upper tier have roughly the same capacity as the red design. The red design clearly puts spectators closer to the pitch and is probably cheaper, although I don't know how expensive overhang constructions are.

The blue lower tier offers better views than the red one, and the worst views of the red lower tier are replaced by "nosebleed" seats on the upper tier that do have a steeper rake of course.

Another aspect which I think is very relevant for stadium construction today is that the blue design has much more interior space behind the stands, especially for the lower tier, but also for the upper tier. With the increased importance of business seats, but also of general comfort, that is a significant advantage. Of course that also makes it more expensive.

@jrb
1670950263418.png

Can it be 2 tiers without closing the current NS2? If not, I think that would be a non starter.

I think mirroring SS3 would be the best option.
Looks better aesthetically with it being symmetrical.
Also, think if they tried to push that as some sort of singing section it would have a negative effect overall as most people on either side of away fans wouldn't move and would end up with the singers dispersed over larger areas.

Interesting reading today.

Done a bit of thinking.

if the North stand is going to mirror the South stand, I’m not relocating from South stand - Level 1. Why? Because it will be exactly the same. If there is a new singing section in the North stand it will probably be located on level 1. Probably just 1 block. Maybe 2 blocks, depending on the interest and if people can be bothered to relocate from other parts of the ground. That still leaves the remaining blocks across Level 1. They will be filled with people who will sing every now and again or not at all. Exactly like South stand - Level 1.

HelloCity touched in it.

If level 1 of the North stand is made safe standing, where will the family stand be moved to? It won’t be North stand level 2, if that remains as it is, as that will be premium seating and corporate, just like South stand - level 2 is.

If a 3rd tier is built, who will that be targeted at? I doubt the club will make any part of the 3rd tier a singing section.

Making the North stand 3 tiers, similar in every way to the South stand, will not create a proper home end in the way that most of us want it to be. It won’t improve the atmosphere either.

As for cheaper season tickets and match tickets, I doubt that will happen. If City do that people will just relocate to get a cheaper season ticket. And it will have a knock on effect on other parts of the ground with more expensive seats remaining unsold.

I’m sure City have worked it all out before going public on the proposals early next year. It’s done, bar taking the views of the fans into consideration. City might tweak a few things, but the majority of what is proposed has probably already been signed off by Mansour, Khaldoon and Soriano.

I’ll be honest. I will be really, really, disappointed and frustrated if the North stand expansion mirrors the South stand.
I was told that it would not be a carbon copy of the south stand.

PoD -
You make a good point.

I think it would be possible to reposition the L2 boxes to the back of L1 and using part of the rear concourse the for kitchens etc.

Access & egress for L1 seats could be from the front/ sides ?

The boxes still have a 'premium elevated position ' at the potential loss of a 1000 seats.

Man has walked on the man so......

There’s absolutely no room for this. Existing concourse, bars, toilets, disabled sections and soon to be support beams for the new upper tier.

Last edited:
Won't they widen blocks 301 and 330 with a few extra seats just as they did with 309 and 322 when they built SS3?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.