Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Funny isn't. You never hear the Rags complaining about getting away from OT, even though the get 74,000.

Having been to OT. Trafford Park through to the M60 is always gridlocked with cars and coaches. The Metrolink service is like ours, infrequent and rammed. They do have more Metrolink stops away from the ground. Around the ground it's residential parking only. Etc.
We have more moaners and fewer walkers. Plus they have the Lowry Centre if peole don’t wish to leave straight after the game. We will have the extra bars at the Coop Arena.

This is a particularly crazy thought but would it be possible, for an hour after a game to have Ashton Old Road dedicated to match traffic only and stream everyone parking at the Etihad to the M60 from where they could make their onward journey. Turn the traffic light off so there is an unencumbered stream of traffic from the Stadium car park to the M60 (4 miles). Whilst it might be a ball ache for some local residents, would it help if all match traffic was directed east rather than the carnage that exists just now?

What I want to know is does our owner really want to solve the problem of the roof and if so does he understand the atmosphere is a massive part of our continued success.....surely he and the board realise this .
I'm sure he does and believe he as a degree in civil and structural engineering from an American university. Might be wrong if anyone knows?

This is a particularly crazy thought but would it be possible, for an hour after a game to have Ashton Old Road dedicated to match traffic only and stream everyone parking at the Etihad to the M60 from where they could make their onward journey. Turn the traffic light off so there is an unencumbered stream of traffic from the Stadium car park to the M60 (4 miles). Whilst it might be a ball ache for some local residents, would it help if all match traffic was directed east rather than the carnage that exists just now?
Honestly, I don't think we need anything as much as that and we do need to be encouraging people away from cars not making it more attractive. Simply, where pedestrians are crossing the traffic (and where they currently have people controlling the traffic lights) then route the cars and pedestrians away from each other. I thought the experiment they tried a few years back in diverting the traffic out through the pedestrian gates near the gasholder was a decent idea (dark blue on the map). Pedestrians were routed rightwards along Forge Lane to connect to ATW and cross the road there (red on the map). And there are possible new exits for cars or pedestrians in green. The purple one I think there is an underpass for gas pipes going beneath the railway, but not sure of its size or suitability but it leads to an access road off Bradford Road. People just need to park in the most suitable car park for when they exit.

Routes.png

Honestly, I don't think we need anything as much as that and we do need to be encouraging people away from cars not making it more attractive. Simply, where pedestrians are crossing the traffic (and where they currently have people controlling the traffic lights) then route the cars and pedestrians away from each other. I thought the experiment they tried a few years back in diverting the traffic out through the pedestrian gates near the gasholder was a decent idea (dark blue on the map). Pedestrians were routed rightwards along Forge Lane to connect to ATW and cross the road there (red on the map). And there are possible new exits for cars or pedestrians in green. The purple one I think there is an underpass for gas pipes going beneath the railway, but not sure of its size or suitability but it leads to an access road off Bradford Road. People just need to park in the most suitable car park for when they exit.

View attachment 64152

So what would help the gridlock outside the car parks under that scenario?

Funny isn't. You never hear the Rags complaining about getting away from OT, even though the get 74,000.

Having been to OT. Trafford Park through to the M60 is always gridlocked with cars and coaches. The Metrolink service is like ours, infrequent and rammed. They do have more Metrolink stops away from the ground. Around the ground it's residential parking only. Etc.
The Poonana station about 400 metres away is easy to get on towards Eccles, hardly anyone get on that way there, but you can go to the park and ride. You can walk to Trafford Bar to be first on the Chorlton/Didsbury line to town.

Getting away as a whole is a far bigger issue from there for drivers though, that is why there is a deluge of early leavers normally going towards the M56.

The only time people haven't moaned about getting away from there is at the Olympics with all the extra free buses put on.

sorry mate. I'm being thick. Why would having the BBC (and STV and a bunch of other stuff) on the doorstep dictate the number of hotels? Are you thinking that these organisations attract a lot of staff from outwith the area that need hotel accommodation?
We stayed at the hotel next to BBC Scotland a couple of years ago, as Annie Lennox was doing a gig right across the river at the Armadillo.

So what would help the gridlock outside the car parks under that scenario?
You're not encountering fans crossing into the paths of cars so the traffic lights can be left to run as normal. Currently they have someone overriding them so fans can get across the road and therefore partly why traffic just grinds to a halt. They could sequence the lights better so that the traffic flows more freely away from the area for a fair distance but at some point it just has to be what it is. I just wouldn't be closing roads off for an hour.

You're not encountering fans crossing into the paths of cars so the traffic lights can be left to run as normal. Currently they have someone overriding them so fans can get across the road and therefore partly why traffic just grinds to a halt. They could sequence the lights better so that the traffic flows more freely away from the area for a fair distance but at some point it just has to be what it is. I just wouldn't be closing roads off for an hour.
The worst part about driving away from the Etihad, is the walking wankers who believe the roads are strictly for their use. This then causes major problems for motorists and hence the gridlock.
Why can`t these selfish twats who make their way into town,just use the footpaths as they are meant for.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.