Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

There are a couple of clubs that have pitches that slide outside the stadium for better sunlight.

But the Madrid one stacks in levels below. This would never be possible at the Etihad due to level of the pitch already.

Not quite sure why Madrid bothered with a retractable roof. The Amsterdam stadium and Cardiff stadium have them but they both have a virtually no events in them during the winter ( which require an indoor setting ) other than football. So what purpose does the roof serve ? It certainly doesn’t make a big revenue difference.
They don’t have winter events due to them not having a retractable pitch, that’s what I think anyway. Ajax aren’t going to let Taylor Swift ruin their immaculate pitch half way through a season.

They don’t have winter events due to them not having a retractable pitch, that’s what I think anyway. Ajax aren’t going to let Taylor Swift ruin their immaculate pitch half way through a season.

No retractable pitch is an issue - but both Amsterdam and Cardiff knew that when building their roofs. Cardiff less so as they have very few events and don’t have to worry about the pitch being good enough for football.

They also don’t hold ‘indoor’ winter events cause there is very little demand for it in Winter.

Stadium tours in Europe are organised around a schedule playing a different stadium every 2 days. The amount of logistics, equipment and personnel involved to play a one off winter stadium gig would not be viable. Especially when compared to delaying 6 months and doing a proper stadium tour of multiple stadiums around Europe.

Shouldn't be long until we see the plans for the redevelopment. They said early in the new year so shouldn't be later than end of January. Very excited to see what happens with the North Stand. Hopefully extended second tier

Shouldn't be long until we see the plans for the redevelopment. They said early in the new year so shouldn't be later than end of January. Very excited to see what happens with the North Stand. Hopefully extended second tier
The young Sheikh is coming across to do a private unveiling for Slyman Stone & Miggsy.

I read it in the MUEN so it must be reet.

I suspect that extending the North Stand to match the South will be about as far as can be done with the existing stadium. The cost of extending the East or West Stand and putting a new roof while maintaining playing at the Arena would cost eye-watering amounts of cash.

Real Madrid took advantage of lockdown to develop the Bernabéu while playing at their training ground. Spurs built a new stadium from scratch while playing at Wembley.

If City ever go for a more futuristic stadium, it is likely to be a new build on an ajacent site somewhere?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.