Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Shouldn't be long until we see the plans for the redevelopment. They said early in the new year so shouldn't be later than end of January. Very excited to see what happens with the North Stand. Hopefully extended second tier
Early in the new year means in the first 4 months in my mind, you've possibly set yourself up for some frustration there.

I suspect that extending the North Stand to match the South will be about as far as can be done with the existing stadium. The cost of extending the East or West Stand and putting a new roof while maintaining playing at the Arena would cost eye-watering amounts of cash.

Real Madrid took advantage of lockdown to develop the Bernabéu while playing at their training ground. Spurs built a new stadium from scratch while playing at Wembley.

If City ever go for a more futuristic stadium, it is likely to be a new build on an ajacent site somewhere?
No idea how you come to those conclusions in your first paragraph. I'm leaning towards an extended NS 2nd tier although the OCD part of my mind would prefer a mirrored SS. Regardless, the outside looks like it won't be the same with links to City Square and the hotel perhaps.

I've no doubt that they'll extend the E & W stands at some point, adding rows at the very back and extending the 'wings' at each end, joining up (more or less) with the N & S stands. The roof has to be replaced at some point anyway. You can't possibly believe that City would play 1st team games at the Mini Etihad if that's what you mean.

Did Real Madrid bring it forward? It takes a lot of planning to build something like that and you can't just suddenly change the schedule. Spurs built half of theirs while still at WHL.

Manchester Council and Sports England would have the final say in whether a new stadium ever got built but I can pretty much guarantee that it won't be in my life time at least.

Commercial terms of Etihad Stadium rental by Manchester City​

Richard Hunt made this Freedom of Information request to Manchester City Council

Reply from MCC with details.

Dear Mr Hunt

Re: - Request for Information - Commercial terms of Etihad Stadium rental by Manchester City - reference number SOL/A33E8J

Thank you for your request for information, which was received by Manchester City Council on 7th October 2015 and has been considered under the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (“the 2000 Act”). Please accept my apologies for the delay which was a result of an oversight.

Hope the plans are shown in early January so we can finally see what they have come up with. Not that they aren’t done already mind , it would have been good to be discussing the official plans over the Christmas period

Don‘t think they are banned but you can’t play with them closed.
Which to me seems like another rule, made by the powers that be, which is like the way VAR is run. I have been to games including ours at Gelsenkirchen? where a sliding roof was closed, also rugby games at the Millennium Stadium and I think a closed roof adds to the atmosphere keeping the noise in. Or is it just certain clubs are against them as they would not spend the money on one. If those who say there would be no return on the money needed as the reason then I disagree as it is comfort for the paying supporters that count for me because in reality the toilets do not give value for money but they need to be there for the comfort of supporters and somewhere for the smokers to have their quick drag;-)

Which to me seems like another rule, made by the powers that be, which is like the way VAR is run. I have been to games including ours at Gelsenkirchen? where a sliding roof was closed, also rugby games at the Millennium Stadium and I think a closed roof adds to the atmosphere keeping the noise in. Or is it just certain clubs are against them as they would not spend the money on one. If those who say there would be no return on the money needed as the reason then I disagree as it is comfort for the paying supporters that count for me because in reality the toilets do not give value for money but they need to be there for the comfort of supporters and somewhere for the smokers to have their quick drag;-)

To make matters worse I think at least on League Cup Final in Cardiff was played with the roof closed….

Picture posted in the Liverpool missile throwing thread.

I accept away fans, including City fans, are treated differently to home fans just by the nature of away support. But it’s interesting that clubs do turn a blind eye to away fans standing in parts of the ground that would normally be seated and stewarded that way. The same happens in the CL when Ultras/away fans are allowed to stand on L2 and L3.

Liverpool fans standing on L3.

80AE519D-D9FD-40E3-83CF-CA171288AEC7.jpeg

To make matters worse I think at least on League Cup Final in Cardiff was played with the roof closed….

Our UEFA Cup game against TNS played at the Millennium Stadium, Cardiff, in August 2003 took place with the roof closed. As far as I know, it's the only competitive first-team fixture played by Manchester City where that's happened.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.