Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I wonder if the 8 concrete spirals could support steel roof trusses that could support a new lower and flatter roof, that could amplify the noise and atmosphere better inside the Etihad, rather than the current cable supports, if the roof does need changing, which has been constantly mentioned throughout the thread.

San Siro.
Not a chance they'll not use the steelwork in the centre of the spirals to support the front edge of the roofs. The roof when completely rebuilt will be like the SS now and slope down to the pitch. That will help enormously with the atmosphere I believe.

I found this via Skyscraper city website (it was you who actually quoted it as it happens :) ) from worselyweb.

"Re: Etihad Campus & potential new stadium

Had a good update on the stadium today. It is looking likely just the south stand at first the club have surveyed and very much want to phase this to avoid not selling out straight away. The north stand will follow next summer. The longer term plan is to develop the east and west stands although this is some years away. The payback period on the north and south stands is approaching ten years at 7500 per seat. In the next 7 to 10 years the 3rd tiers will have extra seats installed with only 8 or 9 rows in the mid central blocks but many more rows as the stand curves to the corners. The roof catenary system will come off and will slope down towards the pitch. For a few years the north and south ends will be higher than the east and west but longer term it will join as one. The image which has been posted on here as a 3 tier joined up satdium is very much the long term plan. The new seats will be on a cantaliver structure a bit like the San Siro or the kop where we will see the underside of the stand from the outside. If you can picture that. There is a big meeting this Friday. The long term capacity of city will be in the region of 75,000.

I am going to bump this thread in 2022."

Wu634He.jpg

Not a chance they'll not use the steelwork in the centre of the spirals to support the front edge of the roofs. The roof when completely rebuilt will be like the SS now and slope down to the pitch. That will help enormously with the atmosphere I believe.

I found this via Skyscraper city website (it was you who actually quoted it as it happens :) ) from worselyweb.

Had a good update on the stadium today. It is looking likely just the south stand at first the club have surveyed and very much want to phase this to avoid not selling out straight away. The north stand will follow next summer. The longer term plan is to develop the east and west stands although this is some years away. The payback period on the north and south stands is approaching ten years at 7500 per seat. In the next 7 to 10 years the 3rd tiers will have extra seats installed with only 8 or 9 rows in the mid central blocks but many more rows as the stand curves to the corners. The roof catenary system will come off and will slope down towards the pitch. For a few years the north and south ends will be higher than the east and west but longer term it will join as one. The image which has been posted on here as a 3 tier joined up satdium is very much the long term plan. The new seats will be on a cantaliver structure a bit like the San Siro or the kop where we will see the underside of the stand from the outside. If you can picture that. There is a big meeting this Friday. The long term capacity of city will be in the region of 75,000.

View attachment 64553
Exciting times, I can see this being another decade away before this happens, but I can’t wait to see it.

Early in the new year means in the first 4 months in my mind, you've possibly set yourself up for some frustration there.
Don't think they'll leave it that late as they plan to start ground works in the summer. They'll have to give people notice as to what is happening and not releasing anything until Apri is far too late in my opinion.

View attachment 64553

It was just a thought. More roof discussion. :-)

I’ve stopped predicting 2 tie or 3 tier.

I’m just going to wait. Hopefully it won’t be too long into the new year when we see the proposals made public. Early January would be great. Like the 1st of January. What a great start to the new year that would be.

It was just a thought. More roof discussion. :-)

I’ve stopped predicting 2 tie or 3 tier.

I’m just going to wait. Hopefully it won’t be too long into the new year when we see the proposals made public. Early January would be great. Like the 1st of January. What a great start to the new year that would be.

Agreed! Not like the proposed plans won’t be ready anyway?

Anything is possible. It‘s just the cost. Look at Bernabeu redevelopment. With a new retractable roof. You can just see the retractable roof to the left, underneath the main outer roof.

3 days ago.

Nuevo_Bernabeu - Instagram

View attachment 64550

In essence the Bernabeu will become a 89,000 capacity indoor stadia/arena, able to host numerous indoor events.

After dismantling the pitch, the venue is to enable conversion to other sports. It will be possible to play basketball, tennis and American football. Interestingly, it will be feasible to organise two matches at the same time, incl. basketball and tennis match by dividing the football field in half and installing temporary stands. As for non-sporting events, fairs and music concerts are planned.

View attachment 64549

Howcome it is economical for them to do such a thing, and for us it seems that the numbers are difficult? Are their tickets much more expensive?

I suspect that extending the North Stand to match the South will be about as far as can be done with the existing stadium. The cost of extending the East or West Stand and putting a new roof while maintaining playing at the Arena would cost eye-watering amounts of cash.

Real Madrid took advantage of lockdown to develop the Bernabéu while playing at their training ground. Spurs built a new stadium from scratch while playing at Wembley.

If City ever go for a more futuristic stadium, it is likely to be a new build on an ajacent site somewhere?
At last a post with sense To extend the east and west stands with another tier, or extended third tier, would be near enough impossible without removing the roof, it was never envisaged that the stadium would ever be extended hence the roof design.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.