Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Anyone remember these CGI's? More CGI's via the link.

Manchester: See Etihad Stadium in before/after photos​

1672312245264.png

Click to enlarge.

1672312245264-2.png

1672312599465.png

When the NS redevelopment proposals are made public and the consultation begins with locals and City fans, we can all ask the club representatives and the Architects about possible further expansion, CBS and ES, the roof, the roof support/cable system, etc. And why the blue lights on the end of the steel pole cable supports still aren't working.
at long last things that really matter not 1,2 or3 tiers but the blue lights have been neglected for far too long

When the NS redevelopment proposals are made public and the consultation begins with locals and City fans, we can all ask the club representatives and the Architects about possible further expansion, CBS and ES, the roof, the roof support/cable system, etc. And why the blue lights on the end of the steel pole cable supports still aren't working.
Especially about the blue lights :)

Reactions: jrb
So why has the roof having to be changed because of……, been discussed for years, if it doesn’t need doing?

As you say, talk of replacing the roof has run in conjunction with expanding the CBS and ES.

If somebody can explain once again why the roof has to be changed, that would be a great.
Don’t understand the question If the upper tier is to be expanded then the roof has to change The cablenet is the issue it can’t be modified without have an affect on the only system

When you say a post with sense I'm guessing you mean a post that agrees with you? ;)

They would be extending the 3rd tiers in the E & W stands, not adding a 4th, although you are correct that changing the roof is a requirement of extending them. I'm in no way ITK but they will extend and replace the roof.

We had no say whatsoever in the original design as far as I'm aware, so I'm not sure what the relevance of "hence the roof design" is?
The sense is in reply to the posters who casually talk about adding to the number of rows or another tier
Yes, it probably feasible to extend the number of seats laterally on the upper rows with some modification to the current roof which I think you are suggesting in your other posts?

The sense is in reply to the posters who casually talk about adding to the number of rows or another tier
Yes, it probably feasible to extend the number of seats laterally on the upper rows with some modification to the current roof which I think you are suggesting in your other posts?
Casually? Is it the same for people talking about the NS expansion?

The entire E & W roof would need replacing (the same as was done for the SS and will be for the NS). They could remove the cable net system then as it wouldn't be needed, and complete the corners. It's not just adding a few rows along the back (forget another tier, I don't believe that's possible). They'll also extend the wings of the E & S stands to close the gap to the N & S stands. This is why I believe the NS will be 3 tiers rather than 2.

The picture below explains it better although it seems to indicate replacing the 3rd tier on the E & W sides rather than just extending:-
Wu634He.jpg

Passed the Arena at noon today,saw the huge crane sticking 10-15m above roof height,must be getting ready for the roof beams.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.