Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Don't think they'll leave it that late as they plan to start ground works in the summer. They'll have to give people notice as to what is happening and not releasing anything until Apri is far too late in my opinion.
Another factor is the change in UEFA FFP that has removed the costs of infrastructure development to not be included in the calculations, so I’m guessing they need to start the development asap. Looks like UEFA have realised that clubs like LFCult have been a little loose with their accounts moving £50M to cover the nice pictures of their proposed new stadium a few years ago

Howcome it is economical for them to do such a thing, and for us it seems that the numbers are difficult? Are their tickets much more expensive?

Because Madrid are the biggest team in Spain. Some people would argue Madrid are the biggest team in the World. Bigger than Barcelona and the Rags. The Bernabeu is currently being expanded to 89,000. Their average attendances hover between the high 60’s and mid 70’s. The only match tickets available on their website atm are hospitality tickets starting at €295 https://www.realmadrid.com/en/tickets, due the redevelopment of the Bernabeu.

Operating income for the financial year 2021/22 has reached €722 million, an increase of €69 million (10%) year-on-year, as the economic effects of the pandemic are gradually subsiding.

1672306819703.jpeg

Real Madrid constantly win La Liga, and for some reason tend to do well in the CL. (don’t we know) So their revenues from both competitions are always stable and continually growing as TV and prize money increases every season.

They have numerous sponsors and have very good sponsorship deals, etc.

The redeveloped and expanded Bernabeu is projected to bring in over €100M per year.

Funding of the Bernabeu redevelopment.

Real unveiled plans for the Bernabeu refurbishment in April 2019, with El Confidencial reporting the LaLiga club had secured an initial loan of €575 million (US$651 million) from JP Morgan and Bank of America. Real also signed a deal with sponsorship sales agency Legends to help secure additional funding for the refurbishment.

Spanish soccer giants Real Madrid have secured a new €225 million (US$255 million) loan to fund the ongoing redevelopment of the Santiago Bernabeu stadium.

The loan has a term of 27 years and a fixed interest rate of 1.53 per cent. It also includes a grace period for the repayment of the principal, so that Real will not start repaying the loan until 30th July 2024.

The funding will be used for the construction of a large underground greenhouse which was not in the initial Bernabeu redevelopment plans. Real say the greenhouse will allow the automatic removal of the pitch and its preservation in optimal conditions, meaning other events can be held at the stadium without impacting the grass.

The Board of Directors of Real Madrid C.F. at its meeting yesterday ratified an agreement with Sixth Street, an investment firm, and Legends, a premium experiences company for sports and live venue organizations, with the objective of elevating the Santiago Bernabéu Stadium as a unique venue and a worldwide benchmark for leisure and entertainment.

As part of the long-term partnership, Real Madrid will receive approximately €360m to be invested across any of the Club’s activities.

I've never been in South stand level 3
Is the concourse up there as wide as it is in the L1 areas of the stadium?
The central concourse is, with a smaller section at the CB side side of the stand. Leaving the stadium is poorly thought out, we sit at the back of SS3 and getting to front is a slow process (even with the early leavers having pissed off on 80 minutes), with very narrow exit doors to the stairs. Having said all that, I love sitting in SS3.

At last a post with sense To extend the east and west stands with another tier, or extended third tier, would be near enough impossible without removing the roof, it was never envisaged that the stadium would ever be extended hence the roof design.

So why has the roof having to be changed because of……, been discussed for years, if it doesn’t need doing?

As you say, talk of replacing the roof has run in conjunction with expanding the CBS and ES.

If somebody can explain once again why the roof has to be changed, that would be a great.

At last a post with sense To extend the east and west stands with another tier, or extended third tier, would be near enough impossible without removing the roof, it was never envisaged that the stadium would ever be extended hence the roof design.
When you say a post with sense I'm guessing you mean a post that agrees with you? ;)

They would be extending the 3rd tiers in the E & W stands, not adding a 4th, although you are correct that changing the roof is a requirement of extending them. I'm in no way ITK but they will extend and replace the roof.

We had no say whatsoever in the original design as far as I'm aware, so I'm not sure what the relevance of "hence the roof design" is?

So why has the roof having to be changed because of……, been discussed for years, if it doesn’t need doing?

As you say, talk of replacing the roof has run in conjunction with expanding the CBS and ES.

If somebody can explain once again why the roof has to be changed, that would be a great.
I can't, but I'm sure worsley said the roof needed to be replaced anyway and I'm sure years ago a plan was shared that had the 2 side stands with a few extra rows and went all the way across instead of tapering at the sides. Also if I remember the 2 side stand rooves then joined the 2 ends and the temporary corners were gone.

I can't, but I'm sure worsley said the roof needed to be replaced anyway and I'm sure years ago a plan was shared that had the 2 side stands with a few extra rows and went all the way across instead of tapering at the sides. Also if I remember the 2 side stand rooves then joined the 2 ends and the temporary corners were gone.

Wu634He.jpg

When the NS redevelopment proposals are made public and the consultation begins with locals and City fans, we can all ask the club representatives and the Architects about possible further expansion, CBS and ES, the roof, the roof support/cable system, etc. And why the blue lights on the end of the steel pole cable supports still aren't working.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.