Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Always bugged me that, just where the big screens are now to fill in the corners. I not sure if possible but even if we add 10 or so rows it would add a few thousand with both corners?
Aren't the corners temporary? but thought they couldn't be replaced and seats put in until the two side stands roofs were replaced, and were the same level as the 2 ends.

Aren't the corners temporary? but thought they couldn't be replaced and seats put in until the two side stands roofs were replaced, and were the same level as the 2 ends.

Oh no idea. Im sure it has been thought of to bring CBl3 and EL3 round to SSL3. Again, as before, im sure there is a lot more to do with it like the roof/cables etc. This would be a last resort to add some more seats if demand increases considerably.

Those weird corner bits are temporary - no doubt the N Stand will have similar corners. The corners will only become permanent when the East and West stands are remodelled- probably talking long-term here - and have a flatter roof that will dovetail into the N & S stands. The present corners look a mess but there’s little choice in the short term.

Cant they put 2 big screens in to make it look less like a mess. The original plans all had big screens on them.

They’ll probably move the North Stand screens there when they start work at that end.

There’s some temp disabled seats in those South corners at the moment so guessing they’d have to relocate those.

Jesus Christ mate.

I speculated it on the basis that the current cable ring restrictions wouldn’t allow us to reach the rumoured 63k through an extended North Stand 2nd tier. I too believe that wouldn’t be likely but I made the point based on that capacity goal and people at the meeting being told the cable net wouldn’t be an issue with development.

I then corrected you on the new South Stand roof on if it uses the old ring support or not. It doesn’t.
Just thinking while in the focus group thread, maybe the club are expecting the safe standing to be given the go ahead and have factored that into the new target capacity. Just a thought.

Just thinking while in the focus group thread, maybe the club are expecting the safe standing to be given the go ahead and have factored that into the new target capacity. Just a thought.

I think you are right with this. Current real capacity is about 54,700 max I believe. To get to 63,500 which is definitely the target requires 8,800 more. I can’t quite work out how the two tier option is 2,300 more than the south stand.

Edit - in fact I just have 160 in a row times and extra 15 rows is 2400 more seats. Surprising how a few extra rows makes such a difference. Basically the space where the boxes are is built over. Simple as that really.

Could we beat the 63,500 with safe standing?

Absolutely the case
This is from the case for safe standing document
The capacity of the Veltins Arena in its Bundesliga configuration is 61,482. For matches under UEFA or FIFA regulations this reduces to 53,951. The total capacity of the standing areas is 16,307. When in seated configuration this reduces to 8,600. This is a ratio of 1:1.9 between seating and safe standing.

I think you are right with this. Current real capacity is about 54,700 max I believe. To get to 63,500 which is definitely the target requires 8,800 more. I can’t quite work out how the two tier option is 2,300 more than the south stand.

Edit - in fact I just have 160 in a row times and extra 15 rows is 2400 more seats. Surprising how a few extra rows makes such a difference. Basically the space where the boxes are is built over. Simple as that really.

If thats right then sounds like with safe standing we could get to around 70,000.

The ‘space where the boxes are’ doesn’t look like it’s a thing from the diagram below.

It’s the space from the back of the current 2nd tier to the cable net which is important.

D8-C8-BF1-E-4-CBF-4-FEA-90-EE-6-A9-D51-ECF5-EF.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.