Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Amsterdam’s Metropolitan area (~2.4m) has a smaller population than the Manchester’s Metro area (~2.8m). Yet Amsterdam has more than double the amount of capacity for passenger journeys on their Metro system (~110m a year) compared to Manchester’s Met system (~45m a year).

Manchester (£~400 pp) has under half the money spent per-head-of-population on transport and transport+road infrastructure compared to London (£~880 pp). And we have to pay more to use our transport than they do.
Levelling Up / Northern Powerhouse - what a crock of shit. And Manchester is the 2nd/3rd largest city in the UK. These numbers lay bare the truth. Manchester could really be the driver for economic growth across the M62 corridor if the transport system was better funded.

Levelling Up / Northern Powerhouse - what a crock of shit. And Manchester is the 2nd/3rd largest city in the UK. These numbers lay bare the truth. Manchester could really be the driver for economic growth across the M62 corridor if the transport system was better funded.
Why do you think it's not happening ? All about Southern based inconomy no benefit for London if Manchester grows it a rival for commerce!

Why do you think it's not happening ? All about Southern based inconomy no benefit for London if Manchester grows it a rival for commerce!
Manchester cound never rival London in any economical aspect regardless of either a Conservative Government or Labour Government investing in Manchester properly and fairly, which neither will ever do.

Last edited:
A lot of good points there maybe Blue Moon Forum should have a monthly online meeting with City Matters Reps that could help address the problems raised here, and have a tab for these meetings so the agenda can be set.

This is just a suggestion as the premier league have brought out new rules regarding clubs having fan engagement

cfe3e8197d39c9a4a444c5671f99b839.jpg

Site is cleared

Something has to be put in place for those with mobility issues without a doubt. Most City fans will have to walk from town as usual. The quickest walking route (following the tram tracks back to town) needs huge improvement with lighting etc. We need later and more reliable trains from Pic and Vic to outlying areas. Shuttle buses would help as well.

Sorry I can't access this document. The link is empty. From what I recall from the application there is not much of a strategy for transport in place. Took me 2.5 hours to get to the stadium from near Preston yesterday (I had to use car yesterday instead of the train). The M6 and M61 were both traffic-choked. I have lived in London three times in my life and believe the road situation around Greater Manchester is now as bad as London has ever been. There has been no serious road bulding on the North Side of Manchester for 60 years. The transport system (bus and local trains) was integrated and vastly superior when I was growing up in the 60s and 70s. We have been overtaken by the rest of the world, especially Europe.

Sorry I can't access this document. The link is empty. From what I recall from the application there is not much of a strategy for transport in place. Took me 2.5 hours to get to the stadium from near Preston yesterday (I had to use car yesterday instead of the train). The M6 and M61 were both traffic-choked. I have lived in London three times in my life and believe the road situation around Greater Manchester is now as bad as London has ever been. There has been no serious road bulding on the North Side of Manchester for 60 years. The transport system (bus and local trains) was integrated and vastly superior when I was growing up in the 60s and 70s. We have been overtaken by the rest of the world, especially Europe.
Sorry it is the transport survey on the planning app for the new North Stand

Still confused with what's going to happen with parking,
3pm kick off for football car park full,
concert in the evening, where do they park,
lots turn up to concerts early to get a meal food etc,
just doesn't add up to me, there's no way there will never be any clashes,
as for evening matches even worse.
They need to build more car parks. But they won’t. We need better tram frequency but they cant. Will need more bus and coaches, here’s hoping.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.