Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Will the stadium still host concerts once the arena is open and will this be before or after the NS expansion, that is the question!! I do like to muddy the waters and I’m bored shitless waiting for the doc at the hospital to say what’s wrong with my hearing
I'd say almost certainly

Will the stadium still host concerts once the arena is open and will this be before or after the NS expansion, that is the question!! I do like to muddy the waters and I’m bored shitless waiting for the doc at the hospital to say what’s wrong with my hearing
Why not? The stadium can host 50k fans, which the arena can’t. More funds in the CFG coffers ;-)

Just calm down nobody is complaining about your photos, just that is there any need to mention what acts are coming on at the arena,which is off topic of this thread in their opinion. I just posted my thoughts for harmony between posters, but once again you have taken it to heart that it is against you.
I am looking forward to coming photo and drone videos and hope you put them on You Tube for a wider audience and make a bit of money for for your efforts. But don't get upset about adverse comments on Bluemoon

Not at all. I was just replying. I wasn't having a go at you. You're entitled to your views and opinions.

If you remember back there was quite a lot of discussion about how the Coop Live Arena would effect the AO Arena in the city centre, whether Manchester could sustain 2 indoor arenas a few miles apart, and what artists and bands would play at the Coop Live Arena, etc.

Mentioning the acts at the Coop Live Arena isn't off topic. When there's a concert at the Etihad stadium that gets mentioned on this thread. Anything that happens 'on the Etihad Campus is on topic' and always has been. As an example. The 3 trial trees planted outside the East stand main entrance. I posted pictures. Not very exciting. I'm sure most people weren't interested in the trees, but the trees will eventually be planted around the Etihad stadium to soften the look of it.

It's a pity we're getting bogged down on this thread and arguing about a handful of Tweets announcing artists and bands at the Coop Live Arena.

Last edited:

CO-OP LIVE’S GARY RODEN ON CHANGING THE ARENA GAME​

The general manager of the new 23,500-cap Manchester venue speaks to IQ about its plans to "distort" the UK touring model

1699564021207.png

“We decided on Manchester on the basis that it is the UK’s second biggest music market by a significant distance after London,” he says. “And if you’re looking to build a new facility, then London’s got two [arenas], Birmingham’s got two, etc. I also think that people up north in general just love live music, and we see that in the stats. So I think there’s definitely room for us in Manchester.”

Not at all. I was just replying. I wasn't having a go at you. You're entitled to your views and opinions.

If you remember back there was quite a lot of discussion about how the Coop Live Arena would effect the AO Arena in the city centre, whether Manchester could sustain 2 indoor arenas a few miles apart, and what artists and bands would play at the Coop Live Arena, etc.

Mentioning the acts at the Coop Live Arena isn't off topic. When there's a concert at the Etihad stadium that gets mentioned on this thread. Anything that happens 'on the Etihad Campus is on topic' and always has been. As an example. The 3 trial trees planted outside the East stand main entrance. I posted pictures. Not very exciting. I'm sure most people weren't interested in the trees, but the trees will eventually be planted around the Etihad stadium to soften the look of it.

It's a pity we're getting bogged down on this thread and arguing about a handful of Tweets announcing artists and bands at the Coop Live Arena.
Always wondered what was meant by a wrap around the stadium.... It's a ring of trees.

Wasn't getting at anybody when I suggested that the thread should split into two to save the moaning and just thought you went at length to prove your point about the coming acts when you had no need too. I'm not bothered a whats I am too old to let it bother me who posts what on here as long as it is in good faith. Keep the pictures coming and DLTBGYD.

PS just though if we stopped the moaning there would be no Bluemoon

Reactions: jrb
According to a couple of posters on the SSC-MCR-Coop Live Arena thread, the crane is coming down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.