Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Using the away fans and their proximity to the home fans as an excuse not to have a proper home end is a bit short sighted.

Less and less away fans are coming to the Etihad, and only the big and close clubs take their full allocation of 3000 away tickets.

There have been numerous occasions when only level 1 is full or part full of away fans, with level 2 and 3 of the away end sold to City fans.

Bournemouth will probably bring 500 fans on Saturday.

Another thing not often mentioned on here is the effect the away fans in SS level 3 are having on our home support below them.

My partner and daughter sit in SS level 2, block 212, and they constantly tell me that they can't hear SS level 1 or the Kippax corner, blocks 111, 110 and 109, because of the noise coming down from the away fans above them.

Having a safe standing home end with a 10,000 to 15,000 capacity would make a massive(arf!) difference and change the atmosphere inside the Etihad for the better instantly.

The fact that the club is looking at safe standing at both ends of the Etihad is even more interesting and exciting, not to mention having safe standing seats on level 2 of the NS. Our own Curva.

Saying that, I fully expect these exciting initial safe standing proposals to be watered down, and a sort of safe standing fits all to be taken forward by the club in the future.
Not even the close clubs sell out.

Huddersfield and Burnley had a load of empty seats while Brighton filled the whole three tiers.

I’ve been saying for years that there could be a monorail system that connects Trafford Park/The Quays to Etihad Campus creating a long West-to-East city centre.

Or that as well as having Metrolink at snails pace over ground in those areas, also have an underground just from that same West-to-East city centre that’s quick an efficient.

As you say a circle line connecting inner city districts without having to go through Town n’all. Would free up space on them coming through Town.

Bus only roads.

Cycle only roads.

More walks/walkways created that aren’t street/canal-side.

Transport in this city and especially around the city centre and around the Etihad could be so much better!
£

The stadium needs a rail station, and now the City centre stations are linked, what better way is they to get people to the stadium ? Trains now run between the Airport and Victoria via Piccadilly, Oxford and Salford Central (?) . So why can't they run a special or two from the Airport or Wilmslow to a new stadium station ? Also wouldn't this help with the concerts in the summer too , helping to move the thousands of fans from the City centre for the concerts. As for the station not being used much , I bet even if it was only used every two weeks it would have more passengers then some other stations in Greater Manchester annually.

The stadium needs a rail station, and now the City centre stations are linked, what better way is they to get people to the stadium ? Trains now run between the Airport and Victoria via Piccadilly, Oxford and Salford Central (?) . So why can't they run a special or two from the Airport or Wilmslow to a new stadium station ? Also wouldn't this help with the concerts in the summer too , helping to move the thousands of fans from the City centre for the concerts. As for the station not being used much , I bet even if it was only used every two weeks it would have more passengers then some other stations in Greater Manchester annually.
Ashburys?

Leaving Maine Road school car parks was always a nightmare but buses were more easily available and more angles of leaving too.

More streets to park on too.....if your windows were still intact.

The location of the Etihad only has two ways out.

At the very least the platforms would need lengthening and probably widening to cope with matchday numbers for special trains. Are they still talking about introducing "tram-trains" on the Marple line or has that died a death?
Its also got steps so no disabled access

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.