Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I think our main problem is the fact we dont have a song that can be continuously sang longer than a couple of minutes, we can go through the complete book in the first 10 mins.
Agree. All of our songs bar a couple only go 1 or 2 rounds then finish that’s why the allez allez song has been sung so much at home games recently cos it’s easily repeatable same with the dzeko song.
Singing the blues should be our continuous song

Lincoln City have two blocks allocated for a supporters group known as the 617 squadron. They have a drum and sing non-stop for 90 minutes winning or losing, the sit down lot are next to them and don’t mind and it gets the stadium absolutely rocking. People stand up and join in all over the stadium when there are moments of excitement, sing and add to the atmosphere then sit down again whilst those blocks stand up. People have started to filter closer if they want that in there game and the others go slightly further down the stand. No dramas.

The players love it and reference the atmosphere all the time, I don’t see how it could be a bad thing in a 60,000 stadium to inject some atmosphere and life.

Old fuckers( not me) normally hate change, so they will moan whatever. I agree try anything to improve the atmosphere. It would be brilliant to have the best team and the most vibrant fans. We have always had cardboard cut out fans, we used to have the Kippax to balance this out.
It seems across Europe there has been a resurgence of atmospheric grounds, be great if we could do the same. Against Southampton I thought the two guys sat next to me were dead, until after 80mins ,one said "are we off".
I would like a " City band", I would be on "tambourine", someone facing away from the pitch though , I do not like.

There's probably a separate debate to be had about what, if any, type of organised singing / chanting should be allowed in the new NS (or elsewhere for that matter).

I'm in SS3 & even though I'm in my 60s I'm more than happy to join in singing and so on. At times SS3 is absolutely rocking and to me that's great as it's entirely spontaneous. What I don't like is the continental organised groups with drums, megaphones etc and I don't think it sits well with average English football fans. The fact is if these are allowed in the North Stand then not only will a lot of people in there not like it but adjacent areas in CB & ES too.

My question would be why would a large end with safe standing need to be artificially pumped up to produce an atmosphere?

I'm not saying it does. I know most fans are opposed to it. But if it was contained within a specific block in the middle of the safe standing stand, and a drum and/or a megaphone was used at right times during the match, rather than constantly throughout the match, it possibly could aid the atmosphere? Example. During quiet periods in the match, etc. I fully appreciate a drum hammered for 90 minutes is shit. And even I wouldn't want 1 person telling me and everyone else what to sing for 90 minutes. I think an acceptable compromise can be found. Even if it was just trialed for a few games. If it doesn't work, so be it.

I'm not saying it does. I know most fans are opposed to it. But if it was contained within a specific block in the middle of the safe standing stand, and a drum and/or a megaphone was used at right times during the match, rather than constantly throughout the match, it possibly could aid the atmosphere? Example. During quiet periods in the match, etc. I fully appreciate a drum hammered for 90 minutes is shit. And even I wouldn't want 1 person telling me and everyone else what to sing for 90 minutes. I think an acceptable compromise can be found. Even if it was just trialed for a few games. If it doesn't work, so be it.

That seems fair to me. The all out Ultras robotic experience is totally bizarre anyway as the game seems to be totally irrelevant - especially for those thick ****s with their backs to the pitch!!!

That seems fair to me. The all out Ultras robotic experience is totally bizarre anyway as the game seems to be totally irrelevant - especially for those thick ****s with their backs to the pitch!!!
In a ground of 60,000 plus there must be room for City fans to experiment and find their way of making supporting City more fun. I am sure we can do this. We should keep talking. First thing is to get that stand built and make it all official. I would love to see the designs. Until I see them, I don't really see how I can comment and say anything meaningful. So far it feels vague. I am just impatient!

I always wonder if they could build two platforms next to the lines behind the Merc garage, two long platforms from Ashton New Rd to the other road bridge near the athletics stadium?

There's the added complication of HS2 too. Not sure anything could be done before that happens (if it does)

Spurs' new stadium has rail seating, obviously City are planning on building the north stand with it, Chelsea a new Stamford bridge plans include it, Liverpool have contacted the fans about it.

Its clear that all of the major premier league clubs are preparing for safe standing to be allowed in the near future.
Spurs' new stadium has rail seating,...Think your getting mixed scaffolding poles mate..

What the fuck is rail seating
Safe_standing_area_fitted_with_rail_seats.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.