Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Covid + deferrals not renewing + Pep likely leaving in two years...I'm not sure expanding the stadium further is a good idea at all.

Even with the newly expanded south stand we're not anywhere near full on a lot of cup games / chumps league games.

Making it even bigger would just add fuel to the 'emptyhad' fire.
City's support is growing all the time. We're already at capacity. You have a point about Cups but that's not our bread and butter.

City's support is growing all the time. We're already at capacity. You have a point about Cups but that's not our bread and butter.

Not sure you’re right there. Apart from the ‘glamour’ prem games against the rags, dippers etc there’s a noticeable number of empty seats around the ground. I’m in 115 and you can see loads, particularly in the family stand.

I’m not judging - personally I wouldn’t be arsed if we were in a 35000 cap ground - just pointing out what I’ve observed first hand, and that was pre covid

Not sure you’re right there. Apart from the ‘glamour’ prem games against the rags, dippers etc there’s a noticeable number of empty seats around the ground. I’m in 115 and you can see loads, particularly in the family stand.

I’m not judging - personally I wouldn’t be arsed if we were in a 35000 cap ground - just pointing out what I’ve observed first hand, and that was pre covid
Those seats are in the main sold, the problem Isn't selling them it's getting people to occupy them.

I used to fill up the voucher sheet every season but never got to use it until 1969 and 1970. I had a season ticket by 1974 for the next Wembley final so didn’t bother to collect the vouchers any more.
Same here. As soon as the Kippax started with season (match book) tickets, I stopped buying programmes.
I've just been talking to my friend who sits next to me. He's not renewed.

Maybe in your block. Not in mine. Always full. And if you put your seasoncard on ticket exchange it gets sold straight away.

The test is what happens when the away fans don't take up their allocation...which they rarely do. How come almost always those away fans seats are sold to City? That shows you there is demand.

Maybe you have some peculiar problem with fans in your block, or you are looking at the corporate blocks which are rarely full. That is an issue. But that's the same at every ground.

The empty chunks of seats in the Family stand empties are usually the freebies they give to CITC and the academy aren’t they?

The big concern is the deferrals for me, a lot may not come back

have a 90k stadium when the big games come they’ll sell out make a fortune you seen Barcelona and Madrid’s stadium half empty against the poorer teams sold out against Madrid! Do you think Madrid be better building a new 60k stadium so it looks sold out when they play the average teams?

have a 90k stadium when the big games come they’ll sell out make a fortune you seen Barcelona and Madrid’s stadium half empty against the poorer teams sold out against Madrid! Do you think Madrid be better building a new 60k stadium so it looks sold out when they play the average teams?
It's strange how this idea of "not having a big stadiums unless you can full it" as come from ?
Never seemed a problem in the 1980's, and has you've said , it's not a problem for Real Madrid or Barcelona !
I alway's wonder what size stadium we would of filled for the QPR game back in 2012 ?

It's strange how this idea of "not having a big stadiums unless you can full it" as come from ?
Never seemed a problem in the 1980's, and has you've said , it's not a problem for Real Madrid or Barcelona !
I alway's wonder what size stadium we would of filled for the QPR game back in 2012 ?

yep some people read the media and become sheep can’t think for themselves!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.