Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I agree the free public transport mate on match days. I’m just pointing out the role of supporters groups, especially where fans live outside the city.

Metrolink is really poor on match days… making it free would just add more customers and expose the complete inadequacy of the infrastructure even more. The service is okay on none matchdays but there’s no pretending that Metrolink have any sort of service offering on matchdays. It’s a shambles.

Metrolink is really poor on match days… making it free would just add more customers and expose the complete inadequacy of the infrastructure even more. The service is okay on none matchdays but there’s no pretending that Metrolink have any sort of service offering on matchdays. It’s a shambles.
All public transport in the UK is a shambles, mainland Europe puts it to shame, why can't we learn how to do it properly?

Football is now targeting families and wealthier people. It does not need its old bedrock of support.

i don’t agree with that. Without our core support the grounds half empty - champions league nights are prove that

other then United or Liverpool every club needs its core support

My season ticket equates to £40 a game but there are plenty of people willing to pay more in corporate, up to £600/£700 for Tunnel Club. For each level you get a slightly different experience of course. The club tried cheaper seats but they've just been ripped out.

I also don't know what you mean by "working man"? I've got delivery drivers turning up in Audis and BMWs these days, so there's money about. The club do offer an SC at £15 a game but I'm guessing some of these are being taken by people who could probably afford a full price one, so how do you stop that? Maybe limit supporters to one VG every 5 years or so. I do my bit by paying Platinum and buying official merchandise but I'd gladly buy the odd ticket for a genuine hard up fan.
People dont pay for the tunnel club, their companies do, it’s called corporate for a reason, it’s a tax write off, most don’t even watch the game they are out late to kick off and after half time trying to cram in all they can.

Spot on about Metrolink, insufficient and overcrowded trams. Lack of double units and no direct service to and from Altrincham. It is a bloody nightmare for 8pm kick offs.

People dont pay for the tunnel club, their companies do, it’s called corporate for a reason, it’s a tax write off, most don’t even watch the game they are out late to kick off and after half time trying to cram in all they can.
Yes, most probably do, but that cost is something they then can't take as a dividend payout so does equate to a cash figure even after accounting for tax liabilities. It's just spent by the company on their behalf.

All public transport in the UK is a shambles, mainland Europe puts it to shame, why can't we learn how to do it properly?

The bottom line is it’s largely done on the cheap - if you are going to do something do it properly but uniquely in the UK we seem reluctant to spend money on big projects outside of London - across Europe and the US - equivalent Cities to Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds and Bristol etc would have proper underground systems. In the UK outside London only Newcastle has anything approaching an underground network.

i don’t agree with that. Without our core support the grounds half empty - champions league nights are prove that

other then United or Liverpool every club needs its core support
Not champions league nights in the knockout stages, only the meaningless unattractive group games. They attract neither s/c holders nor matchday goers in great numbers. Thats more a problem with c/l format than a supporter problem.

People trying to justify 50 quid for a game against mid table teams is beyond me.

The ticket prices are outrageous, thousands have been priced out of the game they love.

Buying tickets on a casual basis is a nightmare, and let's not kid ourselves it's a nightmare to get extra tickets even if you have a season ticket.

There is a major issue in getting in and out of the ground in terms of transport, let's follow the German initiative, free public transport on a match day included with your ticket.

Give football back to the working man, make it easy to attend, make it easy to sit with family and friends, do that and we would fill an enlarged capacity stadium more times than not.
Working man had his chance and he fcked it up in the 70s and 80s. We can moan about it all we want but football would be dead and buried if it hadn't been sanitised in the 90s

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.