Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Football in the 70s, 80s,90s in the UK compared to today. Pretty obvious changes. Nothing to do with the ownership model. It's ticket-pricing and social control. Kids don't want to be sat in a seat with a steward staring at them every time they move out of it. What was attractive in the 1970s was the freedoms we had at football. Hooliganism died because you got caught. All part of the same thing. Football is now targeting families and wealthier people. It does not need its old bedrock of support.

A few fans have it in their heads that if we get democratic control and regulaton of football clubs we'll see change. No we wont. Complete nonsense. This is the David Conn, FCUM model which is a mirror image of setting up co-ops to compete with the big boys on the high street.

Feasibility studies? Data on ticket sales?

Are you going to produce evidence on this at all? Or are you claiming to work for the club now?
Evidence ?? Didn’t realise we were in court.

Do you seriously think it’s ONLY club employees know what is happening on a stalled multi million pound stadium project ?

Do you know how many external parties are involved with the £350m Arena planning design and construction or do you think it’s just club employees that are involved ?

I’ll swerve posting any more on what I hear about the South Stand, and wait for you to let us know any updates.

People trying to justify 50 quid for a game against mid table teams is beyond me.

The ticket prices are outrageous, thousands have been priced out of the game they love.

Buying tickets on a casual basis is a nightmare, and let's not kid ourselves it's a nightmare to get extra tickets even if you have a season ticket.

There is a major issue in getting in and out of the ground in terms of transport, let's follow the German initiative, free public transport on a match day included with your ticket.

Give football back to the working man, make it easy to attend, make it easy to sit with family and friends, do that and we would fill an enlarged capacity stadium more times than not.
My season ticket equates to £40 a game but there are plenty of people willing to pay more in corporate, up to £600/£700 for Tunnel Club. For each level you get a slightly different experience of course. The club tried cheaper seats but they've just been ripped out.

I also don't know what you mean by "working man"? I've got delivery drivers turning up in Audis and BMWs these days, so there's money about. The club do offer an SC at £15 a game but I'm guessing some of these are being taken by people who could probably afford a full price one, so how do you stop that? Maybe limit supporters to one VG every 5 years or so. I do my bit by paying Platinum and buying official merchandise but I'd gladly buy the odd ticket for a genuine hard up fan.

Evidence ?? Didn’t realise we were in court.

Do you seriously think it’s ONLY club employees know what is happening on a stalled multi million pound stadium project ?

Do you know how many external parties are involved with the £350m Arena planning design and construction or do you think it’s just club employees that are involved ?

I’ll swerve posting any more on what I hear about the South Stand, and wait for you to let us know any updates.
So you are claiming to be ITK in some capacity?

That's all I was asking as it's you that stated that the feasibility studies & the data on ticket sales prove that City won't expand. Making a claim like that usually comes with some sort of proof. Or is everybody just to take your word for it?

But it’s there though isn’t it, free transport. Doesn’t even have to be free, just a well run system will do to get in and out with ease.
I agree the free public transport mate on match days. I’m just pointing out the role of supporters groups, especially where fans live outside the city.

So you are claiming to be ITK in some capacity?

That's all I was asking as it's you that stated that the feasibility studies & the data on ticket sales prove that City won't expand. Making a claim like that usually comes with some sort of proof. Or is everybody just to take your word for it?
Haha the state of this.... what evidence do you want ? Emails ? Photographs ? Secretly recorded phone call with Khaldoon ?

There is loads of stuff circulating at the moment due to Arena construction and the amount of people involved.

But you crack on and pop your deposit down for a half price season ticket in the new North Stand.

Give us a shout when it opens

Feasibility studies? Data on ticket sales?

Are you going to produce evidence on this at all? Or are you claiming to work for the club now?

He?(apologies if gender inappropriate) probably undertook a feasability study while sat in the smallest room, looked around and felt that adding additional seats was unlikely to end in 100% occupancy. A MORI poll followed, the person inside the mirror and the voice inside his head felt it wasn't a good idea as they already got free tickets to any match the questioner attended. It is with a 100% margin of error that the feasability of this feasability study wasn't feasible so he dropped the fag packet in the bowl and flushed the report away.

Last edited:
And many advantages. Like most things in life there are pros and cons.

Each time I’ve been to Germany there has been an atmosphere in the ground. Unlike the limp dick support on here where posters appear to only go to the game through gritted teeth.
take a bow for that "gritted teeth " phrase, best i've read for a long time......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.