Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

The cable is a ring cut it anywhere and the whole roof falls down
Is it that much of a problem? They managed to expand the South Stand without the roof falling down. They could do exactly the same to the North Stand.

I suspect the the most we will see in the future is a ‘mirror image’ of the South Stand Third Tier on the North Stand.

Beyond that it would be very expensive to increase capacity with the issues of the roof.

It might be cheaper and less disruptive to build a complete new stadium elsewhere on the Campus. That’s what Arsenal and Spurs did.

Is it that much of a problem? They managed to expand the South Stand without the roof falling down. They could do exactly the same to the North Stand.

I suspect the the most we will see in the future is a ‘mirror image’ of the South Stand Third Tier on the North Stand.

Beyond that it would be very expensive to increase capacity with the issues of the roof.

It might be cheaper and less disruptive to build a complete new stadium elsewhere on the Campus. That’s what Arsenal and Spurs did.
I haven't spotted the Arsenal and Spurs stadiums on the campus. I'll pay more attention next time I go.

Maybe they will take the opportunity to replace the whole roof if the cable net is only there for the East and West stand roofs. Longer term that would allow the 3rd tiers of the East and West stands to eventually be dismantled and replaced with enlarged steeper stands that blend in with the North and South stands. Whether that's actually feasible I have no idea.

The wire and support poles were already fitted pre games

_61797616_city_of_manchester_stadium_getty.jpg
You look at that & think what a great job we did converting it for football, West Ham seem to be getting there with theirs, but for the life of me I can’t understand why Birmingham City haven’t got on board with the commonwealth stadium there, St Andrews is a dump

A single tier is possible if it is built at the exact same angle as the south stand third tier. This would mean the cable net would not be a problem as it would come through the top of the stand.

Look at the below image and imagine that third tier going all the way down to pitch level. That’s how it would be designed.

510307A5-3D00-47C2-84B8-295F2E9590BC.jpeg

Maybe they will take the opportunity to replace the whole roof if the cable net is only there for the East and West stand roofs. Longer term that would allow the 3rd tiers of the East and West stands to eventually be dismantled and replaced with enlarged steeper stands that blend in with the North and South stands. Whether that's actually feasible I have no idea.
That was one of the original plans put forward I believe. The N, E & W roof segments themselves are past their sell by date (they really do have one).

This is from the skyscrapercity(?) website, apologies for whoever created/posted them, I can't find the original link.

Wu634He.jpg

You look at that & think what a great job we did converting it for football, West Ham seem to be getting there with theirs, but for the life of me I can’t understand why Birmingham City haven’t got on board with the commonwealth stadium there, St Andrews is a dump
The athletics stadium has always been there it is just being revamped, and it is very close to Villa Park, and will remain there for all types of meets.

The athletics stadium has always been there it is just being revamped, and it is very close to Villa Park, and will remain there for all types of meets.
Oh I know, my daughter competed at English schools there a few times, like you say logistically it’s probably treading on the toes of Villa/WBA, but it seems a lost opportunity as they’ve built a warm up track next door & the facility will only have large crowds a handful of times a year, we where the template for what they could do going forward

That was one of the original plans put forward I believe. The N, E & W roof segments themselves are past their sell by date (they really do have one).

This is from the skyscrapercity(?) website, apologies for whoever created/posted them, I can't find the original link.

View attachment 47472
Looks like the final capacity if that happens would be around 75,000. Should be enough STs for anyone that wants!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.