Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Only that the 'souvenir shop' is being moved, there won't be a big end and that the Asda may be utilised as both leisure and parking option.
Thanks, @tolmie's hairdoo , In a big end you mean not a one-tier stand, could you find out if it's going to be a two-tier stand with an expanded second tier, hopefully not a copy of the South Stand? Big question where is the hotel going and the club shop going and who are we signing next summer

Thanks, @tolmie's hairdoo , In a big end you mean not a one-tier stand, could you find out if it's going to be a two-tier stand with an expanded second tier, hopefully not a copy of the South Stand? Big question where is the hotel going and the club shop going and who are we signing next summer

The plan up until very recently was to mirror the South Stand and make the entire middle tier like Club Wembley, being premium pricing.

Not a one-tiered stand on the cards.

Always been an intention to have a hotel on site because of the concert arena.

Would be surprised if in the stadium because also concert staying footfall.

If the store moves, perhaps we can do something there?

*I hear that Bellingham kid is only 19?

The plan up until very recently was to mirror the South Stand and make the entire middle tier like Club Wembley, being premium pricing.

austin-powers-ouch.gif

This has been the plan for a long time.

It may well have been refined but you can understand the the logic,logistics and build the picture.

I should’ve also mentioned that the stadium will be ‘wrapped’ with an appearance like the Yas Island hotel, ABD.
Fucking hell !! That would be incredible !!!

Not a one-tiered stand on the cards.

Always been an intention to have a hotel on site because of the concert arena.

Would be surprised if in the stadium because also concert staying footfall.

If the store moves, perhaps we can do something there?

*I hear that Bellingham kid is only 19?

Considering the wider plans need planning permission I do hope they've moved away from copying the South Stand and will look at doing an expanded North Stand. My original thought was they'd mirror it because they've explored the feasibility of expanding the side stands already and that just works logistically and long-term. I'd been encouraged by some recent posts suggesting it will be an extended 2nd tier - just because it would enable a large number of blues to get in there and hopefully make some noise. But I appreciate, and have mentioned numerous times, a quick return on investment will be their priority and that means corporate/hospitality will have to be a major part of any plans.

We'll see!

Tier 3 - Same as SSL3
Tier 2 - Premium Seats
Tier1 - Family Stand

Are we looking at this then? Might not be too much of an atmosphere enhancer.

If all of the "singers" went in the NSL3 it would still improve things. The main issue we have is that they're split between SSL1 and SSL3 and they can't hear each other. The Chelsea game was really interesting. If you were in SSL1 you thought they were quiet and we outsung them, if you were anywhere else in the ground the Chelsea fans were louder because the roof gets the noise going around the ground. You need a good few thousand, surrounded by several thousand more to get it going around the whole ground where the majority will join in with the main anthems. That doesn't happen if it's mirroring the SS really, because no one is going to be inspired to move the NS - the only way they would be is if it was a huge 2nd tier which provided something different.

I've never doubted their ambition on the stadium and collar site. It's going to look incredible when it is all completed. They'll have seen all the plans out there and worked with top architects to design it up, and they'll have thought about absolutely everything when it comes to the design and build. But I would be disappointed regardless of what else comes forward, if we didn't get large 2nd tier and it "just" mirrored the SS. For me that would be a real shame.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.