Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

They'd be far more likely to try and relocate the ground and sell prime city centre land. The hard part will be presuading the fans, it's been mooted before, John Hall I think tried.

I think the last time, the issue was that it could potentially take years to build a new stadium and they'd be stuck in the meantime with a capacity of 36K. That was totally inadequate for demand at the time, on the back of the excitement of the first Keegan era and, after a blip, with Sir Bobby Robson continuing to earn European football regularly.

My impression was that the fans would have tolerated a move if the new venue was good enough, but not if it was just a bigger version of one of those flat-pack out-of-town bowls that were very common in the late 1990s and early 2000s. I expect it would be the same now - a good enough venue, and they'd accept it, which won't be a problem under the Saudis. They'll want anything they build to be truly iconic.

I see above that the suggestion is put forward that they could, using modern techniques, expand to 60K or more where they currently are. I don't for a minute exclude that option. However, my suspicion is that they'd prefer a state-of-the-art new build where they can set capacity according to their own wishes and have freedom to extensively develop the surrounding land. I may well of course be wrong.

With the good chat on here about the NS stand and the rest of the site, has anyone tried to reach out to the club and ask them what happening Jon Stemp seems to be the man as he is the Chief Infrastructure Officer of football City Football Group

With the good chat on here about the NS stand and the rest of the site, has anyone tried to reach out to the club and ask them what happening Jon Stemp seems to be the man as he is the Chief Infrastructure Officer of football City Football Group
Pretty sure the club will announce it in the manner and timing of their own choosing. We know it's happening, just be patient.

Last time I heard, Jon Stemp was based in New York. Don't know if he has moved back over here.

9363d0200420e55d183957aa053a72d0.jpg

Photo from this week

Is this the plans mate or your interpretation ?
This has been the plan for a long time.

It may well have been refined but you can understand the the logic,logistics and build the picture.

I should’ve also mentioned that the stadium will be ‘wrapped’ with an appearance like the Yas Island hotel, ABD.

Last time I heard, Jon Stemp was based in New York. Don't know if he has moved back over here.
It would be good if someone could open up a dialogue with the club and tell them about the forum and this thread and get them to have informal chats this could help the club as we all have a passion for Manchester City and doing this could help shape there consultation when it happens

It would be good if someone could open up a dialogue with the club and tell them about the forum and this thread and get them to have informal chats this could help the club as we all have a passion for Manchester City and doing this could help shape there consultation when it happens
The consultations have been and gone, the plans will also all be done. Doubt there will be any dialog until any announcement and certainly not on an internet forum.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.