Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

You could run home from there!
Maybe I do and the but of a pain is in my legs.....;)

Being in SS3 if I'm driving by the time I get out & to my car it's gridlocked up by the fire station, otherwise it's a couple in D's & tram or walk into town.

Would certainly be quicker jogging.

It makes no sense to expand. Whilst it might lead to better atmosphere and pricing longer term we have been battered recently by several articles relating to our true attendance compared to reported and the Lyon game was a further bashing.

To announce a stadium expansion would just lead to complete ridicule and the club will want to avoid that. Their pricing isn't working. Season ticket sales are fine but they should tie the CL into it and try to gain bums on seats that way as well as favourable pricing. Our cup attendances always tend to be down and the CL group stage isn't particularly exciting other than a good game here or there. An easy group means less interest from fans yet we lost to Lyon potentially because it was so flat in the ground. Price them cheap. We make enough money anyway, just drop the prices and bag future generations of supporters. It is a working class club and fan base we have to price for that. Corporate buyers will want the big games and a sold out stadium makes most games bigger and better. Whi is going to buy corporate for the other 2 home games when they know we will be 15k down on capacity?!

Just a few thoughts amongst a rant. I am desperate to see this happen but pricing and sales methods need to change.
I really don’t care what the media or other fans say about empty seats. I’ve realised how that “bitters” tag got attached to us in the 90s when all we had to hold onto was taking the piss out of United fans that their fans were from Ireland/London and their ground was in Stretford not Manchester. If that’s (or in the modern case against us, empty seats) is all you’ve got to cling onto, rather than just be proud of your loyal support of your own club, then you are rightly a bitter.

Anyone who mentions empty seats to a Blue, especially a match going Blue, especially if they don’t attend football games themselves, should only be laughed at! Maybe the old fashioned “aaaaaaaaggghhhhhhhhhhh” interrupting them as they spout their bitter drivel.

We have the fan base to fill a 67000 stadium but the City board are too fucking thick to realise how to make that happen. Ferran is still in his G14/Barcelona bubble and somehow hasn’t burst that bubble to delve deeper into what our fan base is about.

In 2008 we played Hamburg with cheap tickets and the place was full and bouncing. In 2009 and again in 2013 two different newspapers ran a story about the average income on SeasonCard holders. In 2009 Burnley were bottom and in 2013 Wigan were bottom, both times City fans ranked second from bottom. When we opened up the cheap £299 tickets in the extended South Stand there was said to be [was it 8000?] people who applied for one! The fact that early round FA Cup and League Cup attendances (priced at £15) beat Champions League attendances (priced at £30) shows you what our fan base want. The fact the club have completely misjudged the demand for corporate areas at the stadium and they lie anything between half full and almost empty tells you what our fan base is about.

The club have incompetently missed all this though!

If the club had followed a more German approach to ticket sales I think or stadium would be bursting and bouncing much more often than it is and THEN they should have looked at the corporate side of things. It might have already had the North Stand extension by now.

If the club got it right they could not have to dish tickets out to ticket tout companies, ticket tour companies and agencies. They could just sell them to our fans at a decent price and fill it.

I really don’t care what the media or other fans say about empty seats. I’ve realised how that “bitters” tag got attached to us in the 90s when all we had to hold onto was taking the piss out of United fans that their fans were from Ireland/London and their ground was in Stretford not Manchester. If that’s (or in the modern case against us, empty seats) is all you’ve got to cling onto, rather than just be proud of your loyal support of your own club, then you are rightly a bitter.

Anyone who mentions empty seats to a Blue, especially a match going Blue, especially if they don’t attend football games themselves, should only be laughed at! Maybe the old fashioned “aaaaaaaaggghhhhhhhhhhh” interrupting them as they spout their bitter drivel.

We have the fan base to fill a 67000 stadium but the City board are too fucking thick to realise how to make that happen. Ferran is still in his G14/Barcelona bubble and somehow hasn’t burst that bubble to delve deeper into what our fan base is about.

In 2008 we played Hamburg with cheap tickets and the place was full and bouncing. In 2009 and again in 2013 two different newspapers ran a story about the average income on SeasonCard holders. In 2009 Burnley were bottom and in 2013 Wigan were bottom, both times City fans ranked second from bottom. When we opened up the cheap £299 tickets in the extended South Stand there was said to be [was it 8000?] people who applied for one! The fact that early round FA Cup and League Cup attendances (priced at £15) beat Champions League attendances (priced at £30) shows you what our fan base want. The fact the club have completely misjudged the demand for corporate areas at the stadium and they lie anything between half full and almost empty tells you what our fan base is about.

If the club had followed a more German approach to ticket sales I think or stadium would be bursting and bouncing much more often than it is and THEN they should have looked at the corporate side of things. It might have already had the North Stand extension by now.

If the club got it right they could not have to dish tickets out to ticket tout companies, ticket tour companies and agencies. They could just sell them to our fans at a decent price and fill it.
I'd worry more about your own ground. 55,000 against Derby. More like 40,000

Absolutely bang on.

Every summer,including the one just gone,I read on here and other platforms about season ticket increases,and quite a lot say they are not renewing,and although many probably do,even though they say they won't be,there will be a percentage that definitely don't.

Then City are reliant on the day trippers to fill the void,and let's face it,we don't have enough of those on most match days,that side of things is improving,and therefore City will always be content to see the increase,but us as season ticket holders are just taken for granted.

Take last week for instance,a charming chap from "hospitality" rang me to see if I would be interested in doing a match in hospitality,I politely declined the opportunity as I explained to him I pay £895 for my season ticket and am happy in sitting in it on match days,so to pay more for that option is a no-no from me.

Then you have this tunnel club bollocks,every home match you see these Cheshire set type of families,fucking more money than sense,all rigged out as though they have been going to City for years,and the truth is that the dads were probably regulars at the swamp,before the wheels came off there,all with their i phones filming their experience of the day,probably never to return.

City have always treated their loyal fans like shit,from the muppets that work in the ticket office,to the clowns that are the matchday presenters,it's horrendous at times.

The only positive now,from my view point,is that I am seeing some of the most attractive football from us than I have ever witnessed,with some of the worlds greatest players,and that is all that matters at the end of the day,City winning,but the "business" side of things are far away from me as ever

Absolutely bob on that, penny still not dropped in this instance with Ferran. They just think what revenue they have lost if we sell out at 55k and we had charged 3 quid more per seat we would have got an extra £150k !

I also think a lot of the expansion is to do with bringing that dull looking north stand up to date with facilities and overall stadium look. If we are to become world elite the stadium has to look better and more eye catching for the big stage to see. Once the north stand is done the outer stadium can be finished off to mirror the south stand look, get rid of that concrete look. Ok there are worse looking stadiums like the old toilet over the road, but we are in a different league !

Q

Spot on. And to clarify my post was stating that it makes no sense to do it with current pricing etc because it doesn't fucking work. The club are missing a trick. Turn negative attendance headlines into a huge positive by having the cheapest tickets around. Fill the ground Germany style with dirt cheap tickets. The club will still make a fortune on matchdays and big hospitality sales will be secured on the back of a full stadium with rowdy fans. It is the only way to solve the issue. Hamburg was incredible. We made a racket and that was before the stadium was full too because I remember getting in about 5 mins before kick off and thousands were still stuck outside queing having been sinking pints up until the last minute. Even the Hamburg fans were stunned. As Blue Moon rang out they stopped and looked around because it was echoing around the ground. Dirt cheap tickets. Think it was a fiver for u16s and 15quid for adults. Do that and we fill the ground. But until we drop prices there is no point expanding.

Q

Spot on. And to clarify my post was stating that it makes no sense to do it with current pricing etc because it doesn't fucking work. The club are missing a trick. Turn negative attendance headlines into a huge positive by having the cheapest tickets around. Fill the ground Germany style with dirt cheap tickets. The club will still make a fortune on matchdays and big hospitality sales will be secured on the back of a full stadium with rowdy fans. It is the only way to solve the issue. Hamburg was incredible. We made a racket and that was before the stadium was full too because I remember getting in about 5 mins before kick off and thousands were still stuck outside queing having been sinking pints up until the last minute. Even the Hamburg fans were stunned. As Blue Moon rang out they stopped and looked around because it was echoing around the ground. Dirt cheap tickets. Think it was a fiver for u16s and 15quid for adults. Do that and we fill the ground. But until we drop prices there is no point expanding.
All the Premier League games are sold out weeks in advance.

Our next home game is Burnley that's about 3 weeks away. Only singles on sale and that's probably seasoncard holders selling their own seats.

You can't buy a ticket for Southampton a home and that's in November.

There are singles available for Bournemouth in December.

The demand is obviously there. We've been selling out the Eithad for league games at £45 match day tickets for a long time now and obviously the demand would be all the greater at a lower price range. City could sell a lot more seasoncards if the capacity is there and I think that is how it will be filled.

I believe the extension will be tied up with some other development outside the ground.

All the Premier League games are sold out weeks in advance.

Our next home game is Burnley that's about 3 weeks away. Only singles on sale and that's probably seasoncard holders selling their own seats.

You can't buy a ticket for Southampton a home and that's in November.

There are singles available for Bournemouth in December.

The demand is obviously there. We've been selling out the Eithad for league games at £45 match day tickets for a long time now and obviously the demand would be all the greater at a lower price range. City could sell a lot more seasoncards if the capacity is there and I think that is how it will be filled.

I believe the extension will be tied up with some other development outside the ground.
That's all right, but maybe Southampton doesn't let you buy because no one is sure when it will be yet. But when I bought in August there weren't many with 2 together it was mainly singles.

MMU Video flythrough of future proposals/buildings. Includes the proposed MMU Sports Science Institute building at the Etihad Campus. Behind the Athletics stadium. Watch in HD via the cog.

Credit to M60 who found it and posted it on SSC MCR.

Reactions: Itd

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.