Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

1. CFG own the land with MCC and it is 80/20 in CFG's favour. So CFG are 80% landlord/leaseholder and will get 80% of the rental income.
2. With the recent announcement CFG are now a JV partner with Oak View for the build etc, CFG wil likely benefit 50/50 on future profits from the operation of the arena. The hope is they will be reasonably good.

Cheers, so CFG, rather than MCFC, would be the main beneficiaries if it was a roaring success. Probably as I thought.

Cheers, so CFG, rather than MCFC, would be the main beneficiaries if it was a roaring success. Probably as I thought.
There is also an opportunity for City to leverage joint corporate sponsorships/hospitality deals etc from the Arena. We may develop a hotel on the site to maximise this with joint music/football events. It's a big opportunity for City as well as CFG.

1. CFG own the land with MCC and it is 80/20 in CFG's favour. So CFG are 80% landlord/leaseholder and will get 80% of the rental income.
2. With the recent announcement CFG are now a JV partner with Oak View for the build etc, CFG wil likely benefit 50/50 on future profits from the operation of the arena. The hope is they will be reasonably good.
Are you sure it's CFG who own the land?
Can't remember seeing any reports on this, but CFG only started in 2013, which was 5 years after the original takeover and around the same time the CFA was completed.
So unless the club sold their share of the Etihad campus to CFG, then we still own the majority of the land, CFG can develop on said land for the benefit of City (because ground/infrastructure costs don't effect bottom line) and City reap benefits of any profits equally with oak view

Are you sure it's CFG who own the land?
Can't remember seeing any reports on this, but CFG only started in 2013, which was 5 years after the original takeover and around the same time the CFA was completed.
So unless the club sold their share of the Etihad campus to CFG, then we still own the majority of the land, CFG can develop on said land for the benefit of City (because ground/infrastructure costs don't effect bottom line) and City reap benefits of any profits equally with oak view

I've checked my original source which was a detailed article in the FT last September.

According to the FT article the land is actually owned by a JV between ADUG (80%) and MCC (20%). So I should have said ADUG own the land with MCC. However, the article goes on to say Oak View will pay an annual lease payment worth millions of pounds to CFG which presumably will be allocated to MCFC - ( ADUG>CFG>MCFC).

The 50/50 JV for the build is CFG and Oak View so, yes, highly likely 50/50 on profits for CFG>MCFC and Oak View. I understand what you are saying about infastructure costs but personally not 100% certain we qualify.

My lasting memory of that store will be one year going to it the day one of our later Umbro kits was released and being told they wouldn't be getting any until the following week and advising me to try Alexandra Sports!!!! Wasn't the manager Stan Gibson's daughter??
Was the same year Umbro started sponsoring that lot . Was it not

My lasting memory of that store will be one year going to it the day one of our later Umbro kits was released and being told they wouldn't be getting any until the following week and advising me to try Alexandra Sports!!!! Wasn't the manager Stan Gibson's daughter??
I remember buying that Umbro shirt, that was identical to the one we had the previous season, but with a dark blue slash on the sleeve!!!!
They didn't have a medium in stock so someone at the shop said try a small. A couple of em said 'Yeah fits perfectly that'.
Went home proudly wearing 'tight fitting' top, until family and mates took the piss asking if it was a vest!!!!!!!!!

Fair play to Janice and her team they got a sale!!!!!!!!
It was a proper tin pot affair that shop!

Pundit Jay, Twitter.

Great drone shot of City Square and the Etihad.

Shows clearly how tired looking City Square is.

If there are no plans to expand the North stand over the next 3 years while the arena is being built, City square either needs to be refurbished or redeveloped into something better and more impressive to sit alongside the new arena.

View attachment 20668

They’ve had 18 months of no fans to worry about and couldn’t even be arsed giving it a lick of paint?

They’ve had 18 months of no fans to worry about and couldn’t even be arsed giving it a lick of paint?
Such a missed opportunity, even for a minor make over.

I have walked around 2nd and 3 rd division clubs with nicer, cleaner and better presented exteriors than our ground.

A good power washing and bit of paint and TLC would make a huge difference.

B&Q have been running 3 tins of paint for the price of 2 tins of paint throughout that 18 month period. ;-)

Guessing.

I think City will hold off any refurbishment or redevelopment of City Square until the COOP Live Arena is close to being completed.

That gives City almost 3 years to come up with new proposals for City Square and to deliver them.

It's unthinkable that City will leave City Square, 'Joe Mercer Way', and the surrounding area as they currently are, adjacent to a brand new £350mill indoor arena.

I'd like to think and hope City are looking at the souvenir store, City Square, and the surrounding area, and how it currently ties in with, and how it should tie in with the new arena.

(COOP Liver, Twitter)

1627297741202.jpeg

Think the COOP Live arena has had a tweaked and more content and information has been added. See the Prolific North article and the COOP Live website link below

Manchester’s new 23,500 capacity arena, Co-op Live, has appointed Dept and Music to create its new website and promotional film.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.